problem with ATI 4870X2 2G

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
nikolaelf
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

problem with ATI 4870X2 2G

Post by nikolaelf »

I configured a new pc and I chose to select the Gigabyte 4870X2 2G. Everything works fine but a strange buzzy sound comes from the card. I searched the web for that problem and a lot of people has come up to this annoying issue. Is there a way to stop this noise?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: problem with ATI 4870X2 2G

Post by DMB2000uk »

It's probably caused by a coil or component on the card itself, and so there isn't really anything you can do about it (Short of soundproofing your case).

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
nikolaelf
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by nikolaelf »

Well, I've PAID it a LOT of money to get that answer you know. There stg that has to be done. I'm not the only one you know.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

how loud is this? if you go to a blank page... about:blank in your browser does the noise get louder?
nikolaelf
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by nikolaelf »

The noise is hearable ONLY when I play games. Like a modem that changes frequencies!
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

sounds like something in the fan if not the fan itself..thats the only thing ive ever heard of something getting louder when stresing the card really..i hear my fan every time i play a game..annoying but least I know it works :)
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
eva2000
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by eva2000 »

Yeah lots of folks report such noise, probably nothing to be worried about.. can't hear it on my HIS HD4870x2 but i have other fans running ...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

nikolaelf wrote:The noise is hearable ONLY when I play games. Like a modem that changes frequencies!

it doesn't do it loudly on a blank white page... odd
Swemon
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Swemon »

Hello!

I just came across your topic. and i decided to create an account just to assist you, since ive had the exact same problem as you did with one of my former 3780x2. witch i resently changed to one 4780x2 instead.

Im pritty sure that this is the correct translation. its the ->Condensator<- thats spooking for you, and this will not only make a highly unpleasant sound, (like a mosqito on steroids) this will also make your card slower. from what ive understod atleast. anyways, i went to the store with it, and they told me that they would listen to it and see if it rly was the condensator that was broken, and it was. so they just changed it to a new one.

Obviusly there is nothing they can do about such a graphic card. they will just send it back to the factory, so my advice is that you take the card and turn it in whare you bought it. you migh have to wait a couple of days untill they have figured it out for them self. but its sure worth it. trust me.

Cheers