Saphire HDMI 4670 - 1080p tv not detected

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
George72
Legit User
Legit User

Saphire HDMI 4670 - 1080p tv not detected

Post by George72 »

Hi folks,

For answers and lingo, my Video Card knowledge is moderate, HDTV knowledge is zip.

I've just brought both:
- an Aquos 32" (Model 32D64U)
- an ATI 4670 with HDMI port. (Saphire)

I've installed ATI tray tools and the Control centre from ATI. Drivers are 9.6.

Can't seem to detect the TV through HDMI. Other connections work will detect the Sharp TV (VGA).

Any advice or trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated. I am not as familiar with ATI based cards as nVidia so I may be missing something obvious. Don't be afraid to point out the obvious to me.

Cheers
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saphire HDMI 4670 - 1080p tv not detected

Post by Apoptosis »

If you turn on the computer with the TV already set to the HDMI cable can you see the system post screen?

If you aren't seeing that it's likely a bad cable, improper settings or something like that.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

Apoptosis wrote:If you turn on the computer with the TV already set to the HDMI cable can you see the system post screen?
That's most likely it, the TV has to be on and connected to the PC before you turn it on. Just like DVI actually
George72
Legit User
Legit User

Post by George72 »

Thanks for the post. Its exactly the problem. It was also the first thing I tried. Unfortunately I wasted hours and hours trying to locate the problem only to find out the HDMI cable needed to be quite forcefully pushed into the graphics card. It wasn't in far enough. Next time some one asks me if my computer is plugged in, I won't roll my eyes, I'll go and check. #-o

Cheers.