PROBLEMS WITH ATI 4850 HD S-VIDEO

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
icedstar
Legit User
Legit User

PROBLEMS WITH ATI 4850 HD S-VIDEO

Post by icedstar »

hi, im new here so let me introduce myself first, im javier from venezuela and im 26 years old and a graphic designer hehe well nice to meet u all and hope u can help me with this issue i have.

The problem: i have a ATI 4850 HD 512 MB running on windows vista ultimate 64 bits and with the latest version of the CCC and drivers and my problem is that i try to plug my tv to the video card thru the S-video cable but i doesnt recognize the tv, i've tried in the CCC forcing the TV detection and it apears the TV icon and when i try to extend the desktop to the tv it says this "to extend the desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled" i dont know if this is relevant but my monitor is going thru a VGA adapter cuz its an old LCD model.

well thx to all for your time and hope that u guys can help me with that.

BTW im sure the cable works cuz i had a GeForce 8800 GT and the S-video worked fine with the tv.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: PROBLEMS WITH ATI 4850 HD S-VIDEO

Post by InspectahACE »

Well other than older drivers(which I don't think causes the issue but it mi ght)...I would say make sure all the connections are plugged in BEFORE you power on the computer..if not maybe an older driver might work..I know the last few ATI drivers were wierd..beyond that I'm not sure
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
icedstar
Legit User
Legit User

Re: PROBLEMS WITH ATI 4850 HD S-VIDEO

Post by icedstar »

well i was thinking about an old driver messing up with the video card too so i reinstalled windows but i still got the problem