ATI Radeon 4570: Optimal Catalyst Settings for Performance

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
diplomonstarr
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

ATI Radeon 4570: Optimal Catalyst Settings for Performance

Post by diplomonstarr »

Hi everyone. I am sort of confused when it comes to gpu's and i just got one that can play *some* games so I'd like some help. To clarify, I have the ATI Radeon Mobility 4570 HD 512 MB. I started playing Gears of War on low with absolutely no lag. Now suddenly the game started lagging so I tried setting all of the Catalyst settings to low, but I didn't see a difference. I'm not sure what I need to check or uncheck as far as application settings-defined values, Catalyst A.I. etc to achieve optimal performance and speed out of Gears. I don't care at all what it looks like. Thanks a lot.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ATI Radeon 4570: Optimal Catalyst Settings for Performance

Post by DMB2000uk »

To be honest I usually leave all my catalyst settings on 'application defined' and turn stuff down/off in game.

If you already have all the settings on their lowest in game, have you tried to lower the resolution?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ATI Radeon 4570: Optimal Catalyst Settings for Performance

Post by lordvic »

In the PC version of Gear of War there's like a chapater (or two) that lags quite a bit for some reaon; even causes me to lag. Anyways, there doesn't seem to be a fix for that laggy part, so see if you can play past that. Sorry, I don't remember which chapter/section it was, but I'm sure it was before/around the part where you have toget rid of the beserker while on the train. If you've gone past this part, than I don't remember where else.
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit