Catalyst 4.5 drivers are out now

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Catalyst 4.5 drivers are out now

Post by alister »

T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

This version is for XP and W2k, but some of the special features only work with XP Media center version.
I'll give it a few days before I install, just in case :?
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

remember the 3.8's, apperentley caused monitor failure.... :p....
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I install them already..........Can you say update junky....... 8)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I ran the 3.8's for months on a 9800 Pro 256mb (DDR2) card on my personal system with no problems. I'm running CAT 4.4's on it now while I type this!

Last I heard the whole 3.8 CAT issue never was an issue. I knew some people that sent their systems to ATI for testing and it was just bad monitors.

The whole situation was kinda like me saying this:

I got gas in my car today at Texaco instead of Quick Trip and on the way home my car blew up. It's not the gas stations fault... Your *)&^ just happened to break!
bull
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bull »

I am still running the version that came with my 9800pro. Is there any great advantage to the 4.5's?
Mavke
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Mavke »

Well I wouldn't go for the ATI Catalyst Drivers, but for the Modded Versions like the Omega or DNA Drivers. Those give a might better performance and so on.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

bull wrote:I am still running the version that came with my 9800pro. Is there any great advantage to the 4.5's?
that depends on the version you are running.
The cat drivers have made lots of improvements and bug fixes since the first versions. but each version is only a minor update from the last one.
mrplow
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mrplow »

Bio-Hazard wrote:I install them already..........Can you say update junky....... 8)
Did your computer burst into flames yet? If not I'll consider installing them 8)
illegitimate emus
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

no, the thing is, the modded drivers SOMETIMES offer better performance, the benchmarks ive seen the vanilla catalysts beat them in most things, when the modded ones come out on top its usually by either a few 3DMarks say 25-50ish and/or a few more FPS, say 5 or 10 more...
bull
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bull »

T-Shirt wrote:
bull wrote:I am still running the version that came with my 9800pro. Is there any great advantage to the 4.5's?
that depends on the version you are running.
The cat drivers have made lots of improvements and bug fixes since the first versions. but each version is only a minor update from the last one.
Looks like I am running the 4.1's. Worth updating?

btw...Sapphite 9800pro 128mb
rishdi
Legit User
Legit User

Post by rishdi »

From 4.1, I would recommend upgrading or maybe just wait till next month.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Lots of game bug fixes in the last few Cats..........check out what they fix for what games you're playing..........if you're not having problems, there's no real reason to update unless you're a update junkie like myself............ 8)