5.10 drivers SUCK!

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

5.10 drivers SUCK!

Post by NAiLs »

Man, I am having problems with every new version of drivers ATI is putting out. The 4.6+'s I alt+tab out, and back in again, my game lags to hell. The 5.10's, I have LOST about 25FPS in WoW... Instead of getting on average of 30fps, I get 5-10FPS. I have turned settings down on the video card from quality to performance and it still doesn't help. No AF or AA enabled, no special crap enabled. WTF?
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

wasn't a beta version of the driver was it? sounds like ATI hasn't gotten their act together on initial driver release.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Nope, I downloaded this like two days ago. I didn't realize a 5 series driver came out as I was using 4.8 previously. This driver actually came out on the 12th of October too..

I have turned EVERYTHING down, fastwrites off and on (off seems to help) and my framerate is getting closer to what it used to be. I'm still about 10fps below normal. :x :roll:
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

definitely sounds like a crap driver.....personally, if you were getting better performance out of the older driver, I would user drivercleaner and get rid of the newer one, go with what you know I guess; they sound like they need to do a lot of improving on their software.
Yuriman
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Yuriman »

Did you uninstall the old driver first? This often happens if you install one driver over another.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

I have been playing BF2 since it has come out...no change in performance for me when using the 5.x drivers.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Yuriman wrote:Did you uninstall the old driver first? This often happens if you install one driver over another.
Yeah, always do. I am going to try to do another driver cleaner and reinstall again, hopefully that'll give me some more performance.
Heretic
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Heretic »

I've yet to lose frames because of a new driver...a new game patch, yes, plenty of times.

ALT+TAB works fine for me in most games and I have the 5.10s. If you're still having trouble, you may want to try the Omega 5.10a drivers.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Heretic wrote:I've yet to lose frames because of a new driver...a new game patch, yes, plenty of times.

ALT+TAB works fine for me in most games and I have the 5.10s. If you're still having trouble, you may want to try the Omega 5.10a drivers.
I gotta say that I have always LOVED the Omega drivers. Until the 5.8's came out over there, they have turned me away. I had BIG troubles with the 5.8 Omega drivers as I was missing a boat load of textures. I have not turned back since either.... I've been sticking with what ATI puts out.
Turtle 1
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Turtle 1 »

I don't know but on every driver release so far its been nothing but good. With the latest 5:12 release I picked up about 5% performance increase. :drinkers: