Please help me

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
zabarijana
Legit User
Legit User

Please help me

Post by zabarijana »

Hi, my problem occur last week.
After trying to watch video on youtube my computer restart, i had windows xp(sp3), every time i try to watch video on internet (in safe mode works normal - maybe it have little moment at start of video when in msec it stun,freeze or something , its probably the moment when it restarts in normal mode)I got blue screen (atkdisp error).
Today i install fresh OS (win xp sp2) with all the drivers and try to watch video without success...It restarts again!!!

This is my BSOD:

Code: Select all

Technical information
**** STOP: 0x000000EA (0x84FAB540, 0x8580E710, 0xF78BACBC, 0x00000001)
akdisp
Beginning dump of physical memory
(same message)

By the way, my graphic card is ATI EAH 2400 series.
Please help guys...will i must buy new graphic card?!, which is not my option right now...

P.S. Sorry for my English, it's not my native
Thanks
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Please help me

Post by lordvic »

It seems to be due to an error form your ASUS drivers.
Do you have an ASUS motherboard or graphcis card? (The card is deisnged by ATi, but made by ASUS?).
Do you have ASUS Smart Docotor installed? If so, uninstall it and see if that helps...

EDIT: Your graphics card is and ASUS EAH 2400 Pro. Uninstall the graphics drivers and ASUS software tools, and install the latest drivers directly from AMD.
http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

Under "Find a driver" (found on the main page) select the following:
- Componnet Category: "Desktop Graphcs"
- Product Line: "Radeon HD Series"
- Product Model: "Radeon HD 2xxx series PCIe" (If your 2400 Pro is an AGP version, choose "All radeon HD Series AGP"
- Operating System: "Windows XP." [Choose the correct one; 32 or 64 bit]

The newest is version of the drivers is 11.2..released on Feb.15,2011.
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
zabarijana
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zabarijana »

Thank you for helping, i will try install drivers and post result.
But i cant understand why the problem is with drivers, my drivers worked many years without this failure...but Sht happens.
Yes asus mb...I almost never install Asus smart doctor,so thats not the case...
I can say that i always had problems with gr.card,smaller, like error reports - vpu recover(reseting graphic accelerator) and similar "dont send" errors.
...Now i will install driver, i ll be back
zabarijana
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zabarijana »

It helps!
I install latest drivers and play video, thank you man...You saved my life.

One more question: What is difference with: Catalyst Software Suite (Description:
Package Includes:
Display Driver
OpenCL Driver
ATI Integrated Driver
Catalyst Control Center
(English Language Only))
and Catalyst Software Suite with APP removed (Description:
Package Includes:
Display Driver
Catalyst Control Center)

Sorry if I'm boring and thank you again, you're the man!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

the first Catalyst Driver set gives you a few added extras. while the second one you listed is just a bare bone driver and control panal.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
zabarijana
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zabarijana »

Unfortunately, now i have fresh new problem...
Now i got blue screen after processing multiple processes. (few windows and programs running).

BSOD:
...(quite same numbers as previous, dunno if its important..)
ati2dvag

I test memory with memotest and there aren't any errors.
So, please help!
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by lordvic »

zabarijana wrote:Unfortunately, now i have fresh new problem...
Now i got blue screen after processing multiple processes. (few windows and programs running).

BSOD:
...(quite same numbers as previous, dunno if its important..)
ati2dvag

I test memory with memotest and there aren't any errors.
So, please help!
ati2dvag = graphics driver error. Did you completely uninstall your old drivers (run a cleaner like CCleaner to remove any leftover files/registry files) before you installed the new drivers? Try that.
Did you install the latest .NET framework (a microsoft windows update)?

If that doesn't help, try a previous version driver (11.1, 10.12, etc); the latest one may still have some bugs/glitches.
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
zabarijana
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zabarijana »

What about directx, which version i need? And is gamerOSD important ? (i think it isn't in that driver package i downloaded)
(I will no longer use my old driver disc which contain:
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
ASUS GamerOSD 2.05
Net Framework 2.0
ASUS video security Online 3.5.1.3
ASUS gamface msn..
ASUS smartdoct...
and catalyst)

I assume that my second disc with drivers is fine (for mb), so i will replace just first one.
I will try all of that you just said...and post result.

P.S.AND I'm sorry for i am being bored, i'm just concern about it...I'm writing spec. work, and don't have time for this failures and i know u probably have better things to do but fixing my problems...
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by lordvic »

zabarijana wrote:What about directx, which version i need? And is gamerOSD important ? (i think it isn't in that driver package i downloaded)
(I will no longer use my old driver disc which contain:
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
ASUS GamerOSD 2.05
Net Framework 2.0
ASUS video security Online 3.5.1.3
ASUS gamface msn..
ASUS smartdoct...
and catalyst)

I assume that my second disc with drivers is fine (for mb), so i will replace just first one.
I will try all of that you just said...and post result.

P.S.AND I'm sorry for i am being bored, i'm just concern about it...I'm writing spec. work, and don't have time for this failures and i know u probably have better things to do but fixing my problems...
Haha, yeah the disk has some pretty old files.

Gamer OSD is not needed.

The DirectX 9c drivers are needed, but usually it is asked to be downloaded by Microsoft Automatic Updates. If it isn't downloaded yet, download/install them.

The disk that came with the Hd 2400 Pro are all graphics related (old drivers, tools, etc.), and the other disk that came with the motherboard are..well...sound drivers, USB drivers, etc.
zabarijana
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zabarijana »

mb
Attachments
mb-drivers.JPG
zabarijana
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zabarijana »

I installed new drivers,directX and net framework...But stil i got bsod...I need to fix that, because i need multiple window's running + vmware with linux.
I dont have any idea why is this happening, just 2 weeks before all work just fine!
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by lordvic »

Yes, you need to install all the drivers for your motherboard acessories to work correctly. There will most likely be updates that are newer than the ones found on your disk, so getting those after is a good idea also.

As far a BIOS; you only need the most recent one. When you flash a BIOS, the old one is replaced by the newer one and the old BIOS is pretty much...forgotten.

Are you experiencing BSOD when on Linux or Windows? AMD has seperate drivers for Linux, Windows, and Mac. You need the Linux drivers for your Linux OS, and Windows Drivers for Windows OS.

I'm not sure if having an "invalid" copy of WIndows is causing the problems, but it does somewhat limits your Automatic Updates. As a result, you may be missing update(s) that fixes glitches & bugs.