AMD Catalyst 11.6 Drivers Released

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Catalyst 11.6 Drivers Released

Post by Apoptosis »

We have just released AMD Catalyst 11.6 for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Linux platforms on http://www.amd.com
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.6 Windows release include:

Feature highlights:

AMD Steady Video

Steady Video is currently an AMD exclusive feature based on AMD APP Technology
By applying advanced algorithms behind the scenes, users do not have to deal with shaky or unstable video ever again!
Capabilities scale with hardware and are end user controlled
Image Stabilization brought to YouTube!
Enabled through the AMD Vision Engine Control Center: Video Settings tab:
image007.jpg
image007.jpg (72.4 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
AMD Steady Video is supported on the following products:
AMD Raedon HD 6000 Series when used in combination with an AMD CPU
AMD E-450 and E300
AMD A8, A6, and A4 series
Supported in the following 3rd party players: Adobe Flash player, Windows Media player, Cyberlink PowerDVD, Corel Win DVD, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater

AMD has enabled decode acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content in Microsoft video player applications (through MFT support) for all AMD Radeon 6000 Series

The AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series of products will see the following performance gains:
Dirt 2 – gains of up to 5% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations
F1 2010 – gains of up to 7% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations
Tom Clancy's Hawx – gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU
Crysis Warhead - gains of up to 6% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations
Unigine OpenGL - gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations
Sample performance chart found below:
Comparing AMD Catalyst 11.4 to AMD Catalyst 11.6
Comparing AMD Catalyst 11.4 to AMD Catalyst 11.6
image008.jpg (44.31 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
Features Highlights

Support for new Linux operating systems

This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems:

SLED/SLES 10 SP4 support (production)

For more information on AMD Catalyst™ 11.6 (for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP), including all of the resolved issues and performance highlights in this release, please see the AMD Catalyst™ 11.6 release notes.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Catalyst 11.6 Drivers Released

Post by hark »

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to wait until multi-threaded rendering support, but I caved on this release since it was about time. I updated from 11.2 to this version. Everything is running smoothly, though I don't notice much of a difference yet.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Catalyst 11.6 Drivers Released

Post by DragonFury »

i noticed a difference from 11.4 to 11.5, just havn't sat down long enough to test out the 11.6 just yet.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....