AMD Catalyst 11.7 and 11.8 Preview Drivers Released

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Catalyst 11.7 and 11.8 Preview Drivers Released

Post by Apoptosis »

AMD has just released AMD Catalyst 11.7 for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Linux platforms on http://www.amd.com

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.7 Windows release include:

Resolved issue highlights:

All issues experienced with mouse cursor lag have been resolved
Log event (Event ID 62464) issues when playing video content have been resolved
Resolves system hangs seen in the AMD Catalyst™ 11.6 driver on specific HDMI and DP displays
Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly displays a blank screen.
Some Divx format files no longer display video corruption using WinDVD.
AMD SteadyVideo is now applied to Home Video clips using WinDVD 10.
Chequerboard corruption is no longer displayed intermittently when playing DirectX 10 titles in a Crossfire configuration and Eyefinity enabled.
Shogun II now renders the cinematics correctly when run in various Eyefinity configurations.
Video playback now works correctly when Hardware acceleration is enabled with VLC Player version 1.1.9.
Crossfire now functions correctly when playing Hamilton’s Great Adventure.
PowerDVD now correctly handles 3D Bluray content.
Portal 2 no longer displays flickering on water surface textures with Medium and Low Shader detail settings.

Highlights of the Linux AMD Catalyst™ 11.7 release include:

Features Highlights

This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems:

RHEL 5.7 support (early look)
Ubuntu 11.04 production support

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.8 preview driver include:

Enables AMD HD3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays.
Improves performance up to 10% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
Improves performance up to 8% in Fear 3 DirectX 11 version with application enabled Anti-Aliasing on the
AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
Improves performance up to 30% when AMD’s Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled through the
Catalyst™ Control Center on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

The AMD Catalyst 11.8 Preview driver can be found here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... eview.aspx
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Catalyst 11.7 and 11.8 Preview Drivers Released

Post by DragonFury »

going to give the preview drivers a shot.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Catalyst 11.7 and 11.8 Preview Drivers Released

Post by hark »

Was wondering when these would show up. I looked at the changes in 11.7 and it looked boring compared to the 11.8 preview, so I installed the preview drivers. Everything is stable and performance is great. Nice to see the improvements in MLAA, even though I don't use it much. Still waiting for them to implement multi-threaded rendering. I'm sure they'll get it before BF3 hits, since that really needs it.