X800 Pro card version

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

X800 Pro card version

Post by LVCapo »

Alright, about two weeks ago i ordered my new system through Newegg. I ordered a Sapphire Txoic edition of the X800 Pro video card mainly because of the excellent cooling and extras (Rage theater, VIVO), what i got was their cheaper OEM card....or so i thought.
Newegg stopped carrying the Toxic Edition, so they called me and asked if i wanted the new Power Color, X800 Pro, it was $495, as opposed to the $469 card I had ordered, but they waived the difference.and shipped it overnight.
When i opened the package I got a very good laugh, it is the exact same card as the one i already have, with a different sticker!!! Same power connectors (one purple, and a smaller yellow connector).
My thoughts were to get the one with VIVO, because supposedly you can flash the VIVO models to an XT. After looking at the orginal card, i can see a small sticker that says VIVO, and it also has the yellow connector (what is this for?) So in theory these can both be flashed to XT speeds.... I think. Reading the reviews around the web and on Newegg are no help, one says yes the other no.
any ideas or suggestions?.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Try it?... i dont know if thats the best idea, but its all i can think of.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

yeah.... nothing like a $500 paper weight.
I'm very happy with it as is for right now, I bought an Arctic Cooling VGA silencer for it, now i just need to splice the connector and rewire it to 3-prong.
My only complaint is they put the stickers over the memory, so that rules out some heat sinks on those.

I'm going to stArt selling off some of my extra stuff, so if anyone needs parts, let me know. i have just about everything.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

If it was me I'd flash the card to try it out.............. :twisted: If it doesn't work, flash it back...............not a big deal. And if you kill it...........rma the card............ :shock: You can always reflash a card if you happen to get a bad flash............That's what PCI vid cards are for..........of just do it in the blind.................. :wink: