PS3 HELP

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

PS3 HELP

Post by hercules71185 »

The disk drive will not read any disks. Obviously it's a drive problem. It can still suck it in. But, once it's in there is no recognition of a cd/dvd blu ray or game disk in the console. It IS OUT OF WARRANTY. Any ideas on if there is a way something might work to fix it. Maybe the laser is lodged or off track. Something common? I have seen 1000s of google results for this topic, all of them say that it needs to be sent back. That could take a good month for something that MIGHT be simple. And also if it is what I think, replace the drive. Considering that is all they would do. It's 200 bucks and up to 12 weeks of time.
atticus14
Legit User
Legit User

Re: PS3 HELP

Post by atticus14 »

if you use it laying flat you might could try standing it up or vice versa... this based upon my PS1 having to be turned upside down to play haha.

but yeah these problems I think have hit every CD/DVD based console I have ever bought (Sega CD, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, 360) so far my Saturn and PS3 havent had any yet...

Also if you ever get it working or get a new one...install anything that can be installed on the hard drive from the games you play...it will help save the wear and tear on the disc drive.
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

Sheesh atticus, please stop bumping very old topics. If you're doing this for the contest, these kind of posts don't count.
atticus14
Legit User
Legit User

Post by atticus14 »

my bad, i really didn't pay attention since the post is on the first page and no one had offered a solution - most forums I go to shrink their 1st page automatically to current dates if their not moving fast or get rid of them altogether.

4 posts down on the first page and your back into 2009 :lol: oops