PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.10) Update Preview

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
Digital Puppy

PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.10) Update Preview

Post by Digital Puppy »

New PS3 Firmware coming featuring Facebook and Twitter integration.
Hi everyone, here’s an early peek at PlayStation 3 (PS3) firmware update (v3.10). The latest update incorporates Facebook into the PS3 experience. By linking your PlayStation Network account to your Facebook account, you will have the option for the PS3 to automatically update your Facebook News Feed with Trophy and PlayStation Store activity. This update also enables developers to set specific criteria in their titles to publish additional game information to your News Feed. You can then check out your updates, and those of your friends, on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media favorites through the PS3’s built-in web browser.

Additional highlights from update 3.10 include:

* The Photo category on the XMB has been revamped to make it easier to see more of your photos stored on the PS3.
* The PSN Friends List has been modified based on feedback we received after update 3.00. Additionally, you can now choose a color for your PSN ID on the XMB.

To get a preview of what’s coming in update 3.10, check out the video below:

Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.10) Update Preview

Post by vicaphit »

This drives me crazy. Why do people think that posting their new achievements make them cool?
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

vicaphit wrote:This drives me crazy. Why do people think that posting their new achievements make them cool?
same reason people think facebook is cool? :finga: god I hate facebook

I think it is sad when you see some of the accomplishments of people - like in Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time - someon used the damn monkey gun on enemies like 34,000 times - wow, just wow - does someone NOT have a life ;)

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I did carry the gnome all the way to the rocket in HL2: EP2, but that was more of a "I am bored and need a challenge" sort of thing when I didn't have fast internet.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

You should have seen my house in Fallout 3! I must have spent hours filling in my bookshelf, adding silverware and food to the kitchen, bringing in good looking gnomes for the front... I wouldn't have minded porting a video of that to my Facebook.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.