X-Box Elite 360 RROD

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

X-Box Elite 360 RROD

Post by Skippman »

Well my trusty 360 Elite blew chunks last night right as I was firing up Mass Effect 2 for the first time. :vom:

Guess it's time for a new one. Anyone know of any good deals going on right now for the Arcade model? I can just port my HD. All I care abou is that it does HDMI and... well, works.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: X-Box Elite 360 RROD

Post by bubba »

New Egg has the Arcade for $199, free shipping, and you get a $25 gift card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

Doesn't Microsoft repair RROD'd Xbox 360s for free?
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

hark wrote:Doesn't Microsoft repair RROD'd Xbox 360s for free?

Yes, but the success rate to my understanding is rather low and I'm not hip to being without my X-Box for 4-6 weeks. I bought a new Arcade at Best Buy last night with a protection plan (had a ton of reward zone points to burn) and was playing Mass Effect 2. I plan on shipping my Elite in for servicing. When I get it back I'll hook that back up in the theater and put the Arcade in my bedroom as a media center extender for my TVersity server. That's something I'd been considering doing anyway.