Question for the XBox group...

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Question for the XBox group...

Post by bubba »

Ok, on the new slim 360's there is a 4GB model being release in a couple weeks and its $100 cheaper then the 250GB model. My question is there a down side (aside from the obvious space available) to getting the 4gb and not getting the 250gb?

Down the round if the 4gb is not enough a hard drive can be added right? Just like with the Arcade version now.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Question for the XBox group...

Post by Skippman »

I'm running an elite w/ the 120gb HD and I bet I don't have but maybe 2gb filled and that's with several years of use.

The downside to the smaller unit is going to be downloading game trailers and such which with HD resolutions can be a couple hundred megs a piece. Also, some DLC for games are pretty large. I know games like Mass Effect 2 have DLC in the size of 500+ GB. I know the Bethesda games also have fairly large DLC (Fallout 3, Oblivion) but those are also available as Game-Of-The-Year editions with all content stored on a disc. Now once you've purchased something from Microsoft Live you can re-download it as many times as you want to your console, unlike iTunes. So in theory you can delete DLC as needed to make room for other things.

I guess it really depends on what kinds of games you're going to be playing and how much DLC you see yourself buying. Save games are not very big at all.