New PS3 migration

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

New PS3 migration

Post by smack323 »

I have an old 60GB PS3 with all the extra features on it. I am thinking about selling it and getting a new one with a bigger hard drive. I dont use the card reader or play ps2 games. So anyway I am wondering if I can clone the current drive so when I get the new one I can have my PS3 set up the same, and not lose all my saved data and downloaded games. If anyone knows if this is possible please chime in.. thanks
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
KnightRid

Re: New PS3 migration

Post by KnightRid »

you can back it up but going from an old model to a new one might be tricky. I have never done it.

Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility->Back Up

I think that is where it is on the PS3 - make sure the external usb drive or thumb drive is fat32.

Make the same account on your new PS3 as your old one had and you should be able to download all your paid for games again as the backup will not transfer all that stuff over.

Oh, you wont be able to have both ps3's on the network at the same time with duplicate accounts either, I dont think.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: