XBox One Console or PC? Take a look inside!

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

XBox One Console or PC? Take a look inside!

Post by Apoptosis »

xbox-one-inside.jpg
I'm sorry, but the 'next-generation' game console looks more like a PC than ever before.

Shocked they aren't using all solid capacitors, but claim a 10-year lifespan running 24/7.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: XBox One Console or PC? Take a look inside!

Post by KnightRid »

Yeppers. 10 year lifespan sounds nice but are they giving a warranty for 10 years? No, I dont think so lol

Biggest downfall for pc gaming is the high-end. Explanation: If companies would not have to produce games to max out the latest and greatest video cards but just focus on supplying 720p or 1080p max graphics, the computer game industry would be making money just like the console gaming market. When you make a game that will tax the highest gpu on the market, it only effects (guessing here) less than 1% of the pc gaming market. It is nice to get shiny new things but if a console is available for 10 years and plays all the games properly for those 10 years, why cant a pc do that same thing? Answer: It can but the pc and gaming industry do not want to see that as it will stall sales of graphics/cpu/etc because there will be no need to upgrade for gamers but every, say, 5 years.

Dangle something shiny in front of someone and they will "want" it, take it away and they will "need" it, give it to them and they will want whatever is coming out next month.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

i see they have taken the idea of the new look kinect ready xbox 360 when it comes to the fan. it basically in a exhaust fan which although works would benefit from in being intake. the reason for in being exhaust is to stop dust clogging to help increase the lifespan of the console. not all solid capacitors and being able to say it will last 10 years but not giving a 10 years warrenty. good luck. also expect overheating to be an issue from the start or RROD :(
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

KnightRid wrote:Biggest downfall for pc gaming is the high-end.
We can all thank 4K TVs for hopefully changing this. At some point in the near future 4K TVs are going to become as mainstream as current 1080P TVs. This is going to force the game developers to make better looking games and in turn that should (hopefully) trickle down to the highend PC market.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Major_A wrote:
KnightRid wrote:Biggest downfall for pc gaming is the high-end.
We can all thank 4K TVs for hopefully changing this. At some point in the near future 4K TVs are going to become as mainstream as current 1080P TVs. This is going to force the game developers to make better looking games and in turn that should (hopefully) trickle down to the highend PC market.
I have to disagree. I think the 4k revolution is going to take a HUGE breakthrough in transmitting data before it ever takes off. A lot of tv stations are not even broadcasting in HD or else the providers can't handle any more HD programs so they are SD. Think of transmitting 4k signals. The gaming market does not have the pull to create the 4k segment without any other content being available. Give it 10 or 20 years and we may be able to have that but it is going to take a lot longer than tv manufacturers are thinking it will.

Now also think about the ridiculous cost of new graphics cards and how much more power is needed to push a 4k signal along with every high end setting needed to play the game, all the bandwidth needed to play multiplayer and then if every single computer playing multiplayer is not up to spec, it would have to lower everyones game to compensate for the one being slow or outdated due to the massive amount of data needed for 4k.

Gaming consoles use 1080p and on some games it pushes the hardware (kinda sad but still), now increase that 4 fold.

I dunno, I am probably wrong but I dont see it happening any time soon, if at all. Now if you are talking just upscaling stuff, then yea, 4k tvs will do that now but how crappy will a 720p signal look? How about a sd signal? Heck sd looks like crap on a 720p tv.

Ranting is my friend :mrgreen:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

knightrid you sure did rant my friend :lol: however, i do agree that 4k res will become main stream, but yeah, it won't be soon as we would all hope. maybe they could prove us wrong you never know. that said, it would bea good 5-10 years before any gpu can handle that high a resolution while running the game on max settings to make the 4k res worth it.
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air