Anyone getting the Nintendo Wii?

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
Tyron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Tyron »

I'm still waiting for a hockey game to come out. Would really like to see what they come up with for bodychecking.
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

Yes, all sports gaming should change with the Wii... Apparently, EA's footbal game for the Wii (Madden?) is a brand new game with the new control scheme :shock: I'm not a footbal gamer, so I wouldn't know... but a Wii hockey game sounds great ;)

GO CANUCKS! 8)
"Who' doing what now?"
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

get one

Post by w00fd06 »

I have a Wii, and i like it, but I'd say wait until Pokemon comes out. NOT FOR THE GAME, but to see how many bugs there are w/ the online mode. But even w/out Nintendo WFC, I still like the games, and you still have things like the Opera bowser, the Everybody Votes Channel, and the News channel and such. So I'd say it's safe to get one.
Digital Puppy

Re: Anyone getting the Nintendo Wii?

Post by Digital Puppy »

Well, we just got our Wii with a bunch of extras. Let's see extra controlers, component cables, wireless sensing bar, rechargers with grips, and Wii Play. *whew* Got it online without a hitch and the family is loving it. We are all pretty clueless about what we are doing, but playing the sports games is pretty cool. My 7 year old has his eye out on the Pokemon and Mario titles to pick up in the future...we'll see. So far good fun for the family.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by w00fd06 »

Digital Puppy wrote:Well, we just got our Wii with a bunch of extras. Let's see extra controlers, component cables, wireless sensing bar, rechargers with grips, and Wii Play. *whew* Got it online without a hitch and the family is loving it. We are all pretty clueless about what we are doing, but playing the sports games is pretty cool. My 7 year old has his eye out on the Pokemon and Mario titles to pick up in the future...we'll see. So far good fun for the family.
You sould get Super Paper Mario if you don't already have it, great game, i got like, 50 hours out of it, still haven't completed everything, and Super Mario Galaxy is scheduled for November 12 of this year, looks awesome. And as for you, if you don't already have a 360 and you want an fps, Metroid Prime 3 is coming out August 27.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Oh yeah rub it in, you yanks get Super Paper Mario before us. I've no idea why though. I'd gladly take a miss-spelt US one over having to wait for 'UK localisation' :axe:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

man i'm lucky this week! my coworker's brother wants a PS3 now that he saw the price drop, and he's selling me his Wii plus all his games and controllers for $250!!!

saweet! :P
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

Lucky guy. :supz:

I'm stoked about Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Kart (with WiiWheel!) The WiiZapper could be pretty cool too, so long as enough games support it :P Although Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is enough to justify the purchase :snakeman:
"Who' doing what now?"
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

One of my co-workers just suggested "Rayman Raving Rabbids" to me....it looked a bit complicated for my 7 and 3 year olds though. Anyone have any experience with this one?
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Nobody is mentioning Smash Brothers???

If I had a bunch of people to play with, I would totally get a Wii for just this game!
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

That is is a game to get :P

Some of the moves and characters look awesome. You can play it with a GC controller too (should be good for people who like to button bash instead of flailing the controller wildly in an attempt to pull of a move!)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

with the amount of action we used to get into on the gamecube, I see a bunch of injuries from people playing the wii version. I think they should think ahead and not make it a wiimote control game
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit