External HD mount vs External HD

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
BrightSide
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

External HD mount vs External HD

Post by BrightSide »

Please, may I get some opinions on what you prefer for storage and why. I have the following: Rosewill External Hard drive mount, Rosewill External Hard drive ENCLOSURE, and two Seagate External Hard drives. I use all of them, and I like the versatility of the Hard Drive MOUNT, butI'm wondering other opinions on what you prefer to use and the reasoning behind it. There are just so many options. Thanks!
Neptune24
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: External HD mount vs External HD

Post by Neptune24 »

I just have the files stored on the PC. Backups on an external drive. Anything I need on another machine would be memory sticks, may start using cloud storage.

Neptune24

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD PhenomII X4 965 Processor, 3.4GHz(Stock)
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti Memory: 1024 MB
GPU Driver:
Direct X 11
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I use my NAS for storage but portability I also have one of those external mounts (mine is Thermaltake I think) and love it. Can use it for 3.5 or 5.25 drives. Only problem is it has to be plugged in. I will use flash drives to move little things or carry little stuff around but mostly use the mount.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
ricky miller
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ricky miller »

I have one Transcend external HDD and I love it. For me, External HDD are better because they are more convenient and fast. You just need to plug-in and use it, no headaches, no technical stuff and they are compact and easy to store as well. I would pick External HDD any day of the year over any other alternative.