Patriot Memory-why so cheap?

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
aircommando13
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Patriot Memory-why so cheap?

Post by aircommando13 »

I recently put together budget gaming rig and i was suprised at the price of Patriot memory. According to the specs, it has 4-4-4-12 timings, at DDR 2 800MHZ decent speed, but i got two 1GB sticks of it for abut $30 after rebates. All the other brands with similar timings are priced at least $50 more or so. Is there a reason for this? Is Patriot giving us a break, or is it as I expect and they are just cut down on stuff like overclocking abilities and durability? Suggestions on its price would be helpful, as well as some reccomended brands that have just the right quality for the price.
Intel E8500 @ 4.0GHz
4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 750i SLI FTW
Seagate 7200.11 500GB HD
EVGA GTX 260 55nm
Antec 630 watt PSU
Samsung 22x DVD/+/-RW Burner
Antec p182 Case
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Patriot Memory-why so cheap?

Post by HONkUS »

i use 2gb of Patriot DDR2 667 and it easily oc's to 800mhz. My first batch was bad so I RMA'd it and they were very helpful and fast. They make great RAM and their customer service and turnaround time is top notch. I dont know how they do it but they do im a big fan of Patriot

EDIT: also ive had a rubber coated 2gb Patriot USB stick on my keychain for about 3 years now and its taken quite a beating but it still works so durability isnt much of a concern for me with Patriot
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: Patriot Memory-why so cheap?

Post by martini161 »

actually corsair memory is even cheaper 8) we all know they are a good brand