Random Reboots - Help!

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
ingramjr
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Random Reboots - Help!

Post by ingramjr »

I have the DG33TL with an Intel Core 2 Duo (2.66 GHz) and I can't get this thing to run stable with two 1 GB DDR2 800 DIMMs. I initially installed Windows XP SP2 with the SATA drive set up as IDE but I found the nLite utility and drivers to add ITE ATAPI and SATA (ICH9R) to the Windows XP SP2 CD. On my second install the board was stable with one DIMM but not two DIMMs set up dual channel. I got later drivers and used nLite to add them to a new Windows XP SP2 CD and reinstalled and this seems even more stable but will still reboot if I have the two DIMMs set up dual channel. Had I bought a 2 GB DIMM I would have never known of this problem. I sent email to Intel. They had me do a BIOS recovery and that didn't help and they asked for the board serial number, model of Intel processor, model number of the DIMMs, OS, etc. but I haven't heard from them in over a week. The system will run 6-8 hours and then reboot. Has anyone seen anything like this? Thanks,
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Random Reboots - Help!

Post by DMB2000uk »

Is there an option in the BIOS for command latency, it will be set at either 1T or 2T.

Set it to 2T if it is not, and try both sticks in again.

Is the BIOS set to give your RAM the correct voltage, and are they set at the right timings?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: Random Reboots - Help!

Post by martini161 »

make sure every thing is at stock settings, no overclocks or over/under volts