What Memory

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

kenc51 wrote: S&M......you wanna goto Amsterdam for that.....LOL
or Japan.....they're freaks too from what I hear, roflmao :finga:
Last edited by killswitch83 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andy2583
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by andy2583 »

ok i got another question for you, i can change my multipler between 14 and 16 which affects what cpu clock speed i get.......what should i be setting this too ?

Cheers
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

If you set your Multi to 14x then the cpu will be 2.8GHz.....14x200=2800

Use the 14x multi when you want to find the highest overclock your ram can do....

the 16 is the default (3.2GHz)...Use this when your trying to find the max the CPU can do....
andy2583
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by andy2583 »

what sort of temp can i go up too and still be safe ! intels site say my thermal spec for my cpu is 67c ? sounds a bit high to me ? can i run at my maximum overclock daily or would you recommend lower for daily use ?

Cheers
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

keep your temps below 60C => try keep under 50C if you can.......
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

hey Ken, I got one for ya.....on an X2 3800+ with an XP-90C and AS 5 (essentially what will be my setup), what's a good stock temp range? Just wondering, so I'll have a reference......
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

killswitch83 wrote:hey Ken, I got one for ya.....on an X2 3800+ with an XP-90C and AS 5 (essentially what will be my setup), what's a good stock temp range? Just wondering, so I'll have a reference......
My 4400+ with 2mb cache @ 2.2GHz (stock) -> I get ~28C idle -> 33C under load --> watercooled
Using the stock HSF (has heatpipes) --> Under load I got 45C (stock)

I haven't got the XP-90 --> I'd guess somewhere between my H2O cooled temps and the stock HSF temps?

Withh my X2 @ 2.6 (1.55v) --> watercooled --> idle (never is, as folding) ~ 32C --> Load: ~38C
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

sounds good to me, but of course considering this is an all-copper HSF, I might be able to drop the temps more than with, say, a standard XP-90 and might tie an XP-120

thanks for the info, now I know for sure this is the cooling I plan on getting....now, for the fan, I'm either considering a Panaflo H1A or a high-flow Delta (yeah, it'll be loud, but they have high-ass air pressure and airflow ratings); I pretty well hope I can get mid 30's stock at load.....oh believe me, I plan on either going with that Nautilus unit eventually, or even better yet (depending on how the price looks when it hits the market) OCZ's Cryo-Z

I figure I can stand my system sounding like a fighter jet revving up for a little while as I gather the money for a better cooling solution :lol:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Your gonna fold for LR????

IF so, I wouldn't use a high speed as the noise will be way too much!!!!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

yeah, you're right on that one, but I think I'll hold off on the folding until I get the system where I want it......of course the damn thing has to be built first, rofl, I'm just trying to get an idea of where I need to go with the system before I start, because I like things to be pretty well exact before I start so I can get the system finished quickly. but cool, at least I know where to go with the cooling, and I already have an idea of the mem and everything else I want to go with, so I'm close to being finished with the planning aspect, lol.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I look forward to your thread..... ;)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

why thank you man :)

it'll be a little bit due to running into some massive financial problems, but it'll happen....I have the mobo at least, lol :rolleyes: