Freeing RAM resources?

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
[email protected]
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Freeing RAM resources?

Post by [email protected] »

My second computer is an AMD with 2GB ram running vista 32bit. Its always complaining its low on Memory on the most basic tasks. I run the new Norton 360 which I've heard is a RAM hog, also wireless Internet. Can anyone suggest some simple ways to free up some resources?
xsoft7
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Freeing RAM resources?

Post by xsoft7 »

upgrade to windows 7-> faster and better
install eset nod 32 -> faster,smaller,better security:

http://www.eset.com/home/compare-eset-to-competition
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

[email protected] wrote:My second computer is an AMD with 2GB ram running vista 32bit. Its always complaining its low on Memory on the most basic tasks. I run the new Norton 360 which I've heard is a RAM hog, also wireless Internet. Can anyone suggest some simple ways to free up some resources?
Get more ram and I've never liked Norton so I'd say get rid of that for a better program.(that's just my opinion) More RAM should help though.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Norton360 is retardedly bloated, don't understand how the home and enterprise editions of Norton are so vastly different. I have the Norton Endpoint and it works, and works well. Not bloated (weird I know, but its not)

Norton360 and combined with Vista (resource hog in and of itself) another gig of RAM should help, or drop 360 and switch to NOD32/Avast/AVG
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson