Urgent advice Needed

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Urgent advice Needed

Post by DMB2000uk »

Has anyone heard of the brand GeIL for RAM?

There is what looks to be an awesome offer on at the minute for RAM made by them here.

What are your thoughts on this?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
napsterlover2375
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Urgent advice Needed

Post by napsterlover2375 »

DMB2000uk wrote:Has anyone heard of the brand GeIL for RAM?

There is what looks to be an awesome offer on at the minute for RAM made by them here.

What are your thoughts on this?

Dan
I've heard of GeIL, but I consider them a third-tier memory manufacturer. Personally, I wouldn't recommend GeIL at any price. Try Corsair, Crucial, OCZ, or Kingston (all highly regarded, and people actually have heard of these companies).
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Geils been around..cant say much bout their quality since i havent used them...but theyve been around..havent heard many bad things tho
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

they are hit or miss. I had some memory of theirs along time ago that was raited PC3500 on the NF2... however it never worked on the NF2. It was fine in an Intel board for some reason.

I generaly just say stay away from them, to me they are like patriot and low quality and over marketed.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I've used every brand, but them.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

never used them, I haven't heard of any bad reports from them latley...but when they first came out as a company their reliability was questionable......this was over a year ago......

They seem to be pushing their hi-end products alot and trying to compete with the big boys, I'd send Overclockers an e-mail. IF they honour Geils warranty.....go for it......IF they say you must go trough Geil for RMA's then I'd be sceptile........but that wouldn't mean they are bad.......overclockers won't deal with RMA's for Tagan either, and they are a good company.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I ahve some GEIL memory that is running fine in a microatx setup with amd 2400+ and the Chaintech ummm..the chaintech micro board taht has s-video out built in :) been running for over a year - close to 2 with no problems.

I dont overclock either - so I would have to idea there. Just regular usage as a folding computer :) hasnt failed yet.

Mike

see post about what articles we want to see ;)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: