Kingston PC-4000 w/Hynix IC's

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kingston PC-4000 w/Hynix IC's

Post by Apoptosis »

Kingston and I have been talking a bunch in the recent weeks and I am happy to announce that they have begun using Hynix IC's on their DDR500 memory modules! This is a smart move on their end and puts them back in competition with Corsair XMS 4000 and others.

To break even more news we have learned that Kingston is also thinking of releasing a Reg DDR400 TSOP HyperX module!

Kingston is making some smart moves on their HyperX line!
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

/em bites his tongue

:mrgreen:
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

This should be a big jump for kingston in PC4000 performance!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Well it has been 12 days since I made the oringal post in this thread and the modules have been tested out and the review has been posted.

Just letting everyone know we have posted a piece on the newest changes in HyperX PC4000! Pretty big changes on how the module is built, but will it change performance?
Legit Reviews has the honor to work closely with the majority of the memory manufacturers in the world and recently learned that Kingston has begun using some Hynix IC's on their PC4000 line. Prior to using Hynix IC's Kingston was using Samsung Revision "C" IC's on their PC4000 memory modules and received some negative feedback from the enthusiast community. Is this criticism warranted by the community or are people jumping to conclusions without understanding the entire picture?
Here is a Link to the review

Thoughts are welcomed
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

uhm... I would like to change my above post to "This should NOT be a big jump in performance"...

*walks away with tail between legs*
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

To be perfectly honest I'm totally blown away by the fact that your Samsung based modules even do 250MHz... =\
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I've had samsung based DDR500 modules from both Kingston and Transcend pass at default (3-4-4-8). Not sure what to say on that one... Maybe I'm just lucky lately!