Broken Memory

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Broken Memory

Post by DMB2000uk »

I'm glad that I found it because my PC has been playing up so much lately its been irritating me to death, to the point yesterday that it wouldn't even POST. The Abit BIOS codes really helped me there, +1 rep for debug screens.

Anyways, I did memtest on one of the two modules, and it started erroring straight away!?!?! I left it for 5 minutes and it got over 500 errors!!! However the other module was clean for 8+ hours.

I wonder if my memory has always been that screwed, I can't believe that it didn't crash more often (although it really did crash alot).

I have always suspected that there was something wrong with my rig, but put it down to unsucsessful overclocking (even though the RAM was at less than stock speeds). So have had it running at stock for the past few weeks. Maybe this discovery will in fact mean that my overclocks were in fact sucsessful and it was the RAM causing false positives to all my stability testing!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

wow! I have never seen that many errors in memtest before!
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

That is alot of errors I must say :shock:
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

HONkUS wrote:wow! I have never seen that many errors in memtest before!
We have a kit of Cellshock memory on the test bench right now... here is a memtest shot of it on test #1... Jason was running this kit at 800MHz 4-4-4-12 at the correct voltage and got this:

When it was all said and done I think it pushed close to 8 million errors.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Wow, 8 million errors, ive never heard of Cellshock and apparently im not missing much lol.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I <3 lifetime warranty's. When Crucial gets my kit back to them they will dispatch a brand new kit to me. (At least from what the guy on the phone said it sounded like that) :rolleyes:

So my PC will be out of action for the most part of this week (If not all week), good in some ways, bad for folding etc.. So have a fun week everyone, though i guess my addiction will demand that i find some alternative way to at least make 1 post this week.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)