Phillips 42 in lcd tv model 42PFL7332d/37

A place to talk about A/V receivers, Blu-Ray players, LCD or Plasma TV mounting, audio tips or anything else that you think fits.
chzwalters
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Phillips 42 in lcd tv model 42PFL7332d/37

Post by chzwalters »

Hello

I bought my phillips 42in lcd hdtv about 1 year and a half ago and it turns off by itself and back on randomly and sometimes turns off and not back on(i have to unplug it and plug it back in to reset?? it)
well sometimes it will do it 10 times in an hour and sometimes it will go all day without doing it at all. I was thinking weak powersupply, and callled philips, they said upgrade software i did, but to no avail. It still does this randomly, the philips rep could not tell me what was wrong and claimed this was the first time he heard of this, I am thinking this has had to happen to someone else. am i right? is this a power supply issue? is it simple enough that a average joe could replace the internal power supply? Please i want your feedback.

***update***
I called philips again in late april to see if they knew anything more and they told me they would grant me a concession and repair the T.V. at no cost, because i was within 3 months of the warranty expiring. Evidently the first gentleman i talked to did not know that policy and they appoligized. My tv was fixed in May and works great. It turns out it was the power supply (funny i was right), and the tv repair man at mitchels tv in west fargo north dakota said the last philips he fixed he also replaced the power supply. The repairman also told me, sometimes these tvs are made by LG or Samsung, not ever just a philips TV. Now we all know. Thanks for reading

chaz

Pelican rapids, MN