Badaboom and Ripping for 720p

A place to talk about A/V receivers, Blu-Ray players, LCD or Plasma TV mounting, audio tips or anything else that you think fits.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Badaboom and Ripping for 720p

Post by dicecca112 »

Has anyone done this? I'm having issues getting to rip at the 720p. I keep getting weird black borders. This method is faster than your typical ripping with a program like Handbrake, and I won't to know its possible to do this before I go and buy a Nvidia 285gtx (I have a 9800gtx)
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Badaboom and Ripping for 720p

Post by dicecca112 »

Looks like I'm on my own, I'm testing a bunch of different settings, but it looks like to get the high quality I get with Handbrake it results in 13GB files. I want closer to 3-8 tops. So trying lower settings.

So far I have tried 19Mbps and its crisp and clear, but its 15GB File. Trying 11Mbps and it says 10GB file, I can live with that if the quality is okay. All these rips are looking at 45-1hr Rip, which is awesome. This is with a 9800GTX, I could do better with a new card :)

11Mbps looks good, I think I find my sweet spot.

Tried 5Mbps, and I got slight jaggies, bumping it up to 6 and no more Jaggies. Rip time is 1hr. I can live with that. If anyone wants my settings here they are

Advanced is as follows

Video Decoder -> Number of Frames All is checked
Video Encoder -> Profile = Main, Key Frame Mode = Fixed, Cabac = Off, Interval =80, Level =Auto, Rate Control=VBR, Smallest File-Highest Quality = 6130kbit
Picture Settings -> Display Res=1280X720, Aspect Ration = Fill Screen, Output Resolution is 1280x720, Film Mode=ON, Deinterlace is checked
Audio Settings -> Audio Mix =Auto, Audio Channel = English(Dolby Digital) 6ch, Audio Bitrate = 128kbit
Output setting is Custom Media Center.

Now its time to order that 285 card and order the program so I can get rid of the water mark
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I haven't messed with Badaboom but I think Nate has...
Joe
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Well I figured it out as you can see. And Nate I think was only ripping for his BlackBerry. Just bought Badaboom, and the product has perpetual upgrades. By one version and keep upgrading as much as you want. :)
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

So Badaboom rips CD's/DVD's as well? I thought it just converted files (i.e. AVI -> MPG etc).
Joe
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Nope just Movie Files. If there is no protection on the DVD you can go straight from the DVD. I use AnyDVD to rip the dvd, then use Badaboom to rip the VideoTS files.

Just order the 285 :)