Help deciding between the Amazon Fire TV Cube and FireStick

A place to talk about A/V receivers, Blu-Ray players, LCD or Plasma TV mounting, audio tips or anything else that you think fits.
Albert90
Legit User
Legit User

Help deciding between the Amazon Fire TV Cube and FireStick

Post by Albert90 »

Hi!

So I've been on the fence for a while about whether to get the Amazon Fire TV Cube or the FireStick for living room TV, which I suppose for me is functionally the same as a home theatre in a way (not enough room for an actual one).

From what I understand from this comparison article, the specialty of the Cube is mainly that it can be fully controlled with just your voice, which I do find potentially useful. But does it justify the price tag? Because the FireStick can do just about everything that the Cube can (except the full voice control) at a much cheaper price.

I'd love to hear from someone who has used the Cube, or better yet, both. Is it worthwhile, do you think? Or am I better off getting the Stick?

Sticks and Cubes... Who names these?

TIA!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Help deciding between the Amazon Fire TV Cube and FireStick

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Albert90 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:29 pm Hi!

So I've been on the fence for a while about whether to get the Amazon Fire TV Cube or the FireStick for living room TV, which I suppose for me is functionally the same as a home theatre in a way (not enough room for an actual one).

From what I understand from this comparison article, the specialty of the Cube is mainly that it can be fully controlled with just your voice, which I do find potentially useful. But does it justify the price tag? Because the FireStick can do just about everything that the Cube can (except the full voice control) at a much cheaper price.

I'd love to hear from someone who has used the Cube, or better yet, both. Is it worthwhile, do you think? Or am I better off getting the Stick?

Sticks and Cubes... Who names these?

TIA!
Sorry Albert I do not have the Cube!
But, I do have a couple of the Sticks!
One of them has the Voice control, I've used it a couple times, but not much, unless I'm looking for something specific!

With that said, I still have Uverse and fairly new Samsung TVs and only use the stick on one TV just for the stream capabilities!
The one Fire device thats interested me is the FireTV Recast! It has DVR capabilities!

IMHO...Cube-Stick whats the difference!
Its right here.....
What does the fire cube do that the fire stick doesn t?
The Cube can control your Receiver or Sound Bar power and volume, where the Stick can not. ... The cube can take commands via it's Echo Cube device or the remote control's microphone, the stick can only take voice from the remote. All the channels are the same on both.
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
Albert90
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Help deciding between the Amazon Fire TV Cube and FireStick

Post by Albert90 »

Thanks for the reply! Judging by what you said it seems the difference just isn't large enough to justify shelling out extra.

Stick it is!