Question about Crossfire Motherboards

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Question about Crossfire Motherboards

Post by dgood »

So, I am going to slowly upgrade my system a bit but I dont' plan on changing socket types for a coupel years but a real question I have is how the crossfire xpress 3200 will work with the new gfx releases from ati when they release a more midranged item in it. I figure i'll buy a new gfx dx10 and then maybe another year down the road make it two you know. I just wanted to know if the new cards would work with that chipset. I'm probably going to get a cheap lan party ut dfi cfx3200.
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

it's a bit hard to say. The industry is going through some changes. By the end of the year, pcie-x version 2 card might be on the market and replace the current pcie-version 1. The nice thing about CF is that you don't have to hae 2 cards exactly the same (I think) unless ati change their mind.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

not sure on that I know you didn't for cf with the dongle but i'm not sure with the new native crossfire (basically sli with two bridges). such as the x1950 pro and the x1650 series.
Toebot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Toebot »

I don't think there would be any problems with graphic card compatibility as long as there are 2 16x PCI-e slots. The real question would be which CPU socket to get. How long is AMD going to support AM2?