Gigabyte Nf3 754 Agp motherboard Problems

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Gigabyte Nf3 754 Agp motherboard Problems

Post by dgood »

So I think this thing is fried, but I just thought I would tell everyone what I was doing. So I was bored and I had this gigabyte board. I found ina computer that wasnt' working when I swapped it out I got that computer working. however I have another 754 proc so I popped it into this one to see what I could get while sitting here. I used one of my 300 watters to boot it up without a gfx to see if I could get things to spin even.

So Iplugged just a cd rom drive, a stick of ram and a procesor. I go to turn it on and nothign happens. so I try changing how the power switch is plugged in and meanwhile the power is on but not being turned on. the fan (120 mm) I just had plugged in to see if I was getting power as I had no other fans. it started trying to spin as I moved the thing around. What would that mean? I also smelt something bad which I immediatly shut off all power to it and pulled the plug.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

are you sure you didn't connect something upside down? I would check. I did the same thing with my floppy drive. please check my message to you about smp client.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

If you didn't maybe your power supply needs to be replaced.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

wll this is somethign I got out of a trashed computer and when I hooked up the things the same way on a different motherboard it worked so I assumed it was dead, but I decided to give it a second shot today which is why this all happened at all.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

nothing gained nothing lost. It's all good.