GA-MA770-DS3 Experiences?

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
summerisle
Legit User
Legit User

GA-MA770-DS3 Experiences?

Post by summerisle »

I'm getting ready to replace an old P4 with an AMD setup - I'm planning on going with the GA-MA770-DS3 board, and I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it? I'm going to be running a 5000+ BE. Suggestions as to which cooler worked on your rig would be helpful, too.

Cheers,
crazydiamond
Legit User
Legit User

Re: GA-MA770-DS3 Experiences?

Post by crazydiamond »

bump - i just ordered this board w/ a 5000 black as well, and havent been able to find anything on the net about it. anyone have any experience with one yet?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Even though it is a fairly new board (right?) the lack of google results shows that there can't be any major problems with it, else the google results would have pages with people wanting help with that board.

So its kind of reassuring.

Find a heatsink/fan?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
crazydiamond
Legit User
Legit User

Post by crazydiamond »

hey, im gonna be using my zerotherm nirvana off of my last build for this one. my last one was a M3A w/ a 5000 black and some ballistix but i had a good chance to make some coin on it so i went for it. i was gonna go back to the m3a but it seems to have problems gettin the 5000be stable over 3.2...ive had 3 5000's and 2 m3a's and only 1 combination of them could get fully stable over 3.2 so i thought i'd try out the ma770. the only thing i didnt like about it was a few newegg reviewers say that you cannot run a sata raid and also use a sata optical drive which i could on the m3a so if this thing doesnt oc well it will be gone too. im still unpatiently waiting on some nvidia chipsets, they were great w/ the x2's. i shoudl have the rest of the parts thursday so ill be sure to share some findings thursday night when i get it put together.
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Some of the guys over on Extreme Forums went to that board, they weren't having any problems with it and were saying it was similar to the M3A in OCing. I don't remember if it has a NB voltage setting which seemed to be the thing the M3A was lacking. Soon as I hit a certain speed on the M3A, I'm on the OC wall and if I had to guess it'd be NB voltage as I've tried every thing else.