All those High 3DMark scores at Warfactory...

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Zinn2b
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Zinn2b »

Ya I have a IC7 MAX 3 and RMA 2 of them before I got 1 that realy works and it is really fast but 1 out of three is not a good deal . I am intel and had the same problems .I to thought it could be the Corsair B-H 5 memory but its running great so it was the boards.
Has anyone seen the Ati Sapphire MB . thats the White board with the Red waterblocks 2 X 16 PCE it is the best looking motherboard I have ever seen If it performs I want with ATI AMR , 2xR580 GPU, Merom CPU and microsoft long wait operating system.
If anyone has a link to this MB please post it . Its so cool :finga:
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

The ATI looks great, i want one very very bad. So far my ABIT NF7-S has been awsome this thing takes a licking and keeps on ticking its been runing at 100% and overclocked for over a year now with no problems other than some memory compatibility isuses with GEIL.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Pretty good score indeed... bummer about the restarts though
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Hermmmmm....

Post by LVCapo »

ronin4740 wrote:*chuckle* okay, maybe you DFI fanboys are right - I've started having problems restarting the computer. The machine boots fine, loads windows fine, will hard reset fine but will NOT reboot or boot after a successful MS Windows shutdown without powercycling the PSU.

The POST code halts on #50. The next number in sequence is #52 which is initializing RAM. I've gone back to stock BIOS settings, reseated the RAM, swapped RAM slots around, done everything but tried different RAM (that will probably be tomorrow or weds) and can't cure the problem. Am starting to wonder if the AN8 is compatible with this variant of Corsair RAM...

I've emailed abit with their BlackBox utility and will see what they say. If they don't have an answer or if their answer is "reinstall windows" or "your using incompatible RAM" then NewEgg's getting the MB and possibly the RAM back.

Anyway, that's one of the reasons why there haven't been photos yet.

Ronin

Well, not to say I told you so.....but I told you so. I have never had anything but problems with ABIT hardware. While they O/C well, they are unstable and some just plain don't work.
You need to RMA that board and go with the MSI Neo 4 plat or the DFI NF4 SLI-DR or Ultra.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Zinn2b wrote:Ya I have a IC7 MAX 3 and RMA 2 of them before I got 1 that realy works and it is really fast but 1 out of three is not a good deal . I am intel and had the same problems .I to thought it could be the Corsair B-H 5 memory but its running great so it was the boards.
Has anyone seen the Ati Sapphire MB . thats the White board with the Red waterblocks 2 X 16 PCE it is the best looking motherboard I have ever seen If it performs I want with ATI AMR , 2xR580 GPU, Merom CPU and microsoft long wait operating system.
If anyone has a link to this MB please post it . Its so cool :finga:

Thats going to be some kind of wait. The R520 isn't even slated to released to late fall or early winter...and AMR is only a rumor.
ronin4740
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ronin4740 »

I worked out the "bugs" in the install and will be posting the pics and a mini review by the end of the week. I'd have done so sooner but my g/f's b-day was this weekend and I'm still hung over... ;)

Ronin
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

damn, that must have been a good time then!