EPoX 8rda3+ and Radeon 9200

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
JoeG
Legit User
Legit User

EPoX 8rda3+ and Radeon 9200

Post by JoeG »

Anyone have trouble with the Radeon 9200 on the nForce2 chipset or the 8rda3+ EPoX board? I've tried all conservative settings and even forced agp 4X. Every time I run anything that takes advantage of the card, the comp crashes. I've fully tested the ram and mobo w/o the 9200. The 9200 also works fine on a KT600 board.

And I've flashed to the latest bios... all drivers are up-to-date as well.

Thanks,
Joe
wildabeast
Legit User
Legit User

Post by wildabeast »

I have this board right now in my other computer. With a GeForce 3 so I can't help you in that sence. I can though give you a few things to look at. One would be AGP voltage. When I had my 9800Pro in this motherboard I had to up to voltage to keep it stable when playing games. I had to bump it up to 1.6volts to keep it stable. The other is FSB. The motherboard I have hates going over 200FSB. It just will not stay stable over 200FSB at all. So playing games over 200FSB would make me crash out to the desktop or all together just reboot. My PSU sometimes was not up to the challenge either. My voltage are terrible with a Antec True 550 watt. 12volt rail somewhere in the 11.61 range. This I think caused most of my problems.
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

Are you overclocking? If so, do you have your AGP/PCI bus locked down? The ATI cards (in my experience) don't seem to like an overclocked AGP bus...
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

hey Joe, give us an update.... are you still having this issue?
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
JoeG
Legit User
Legit User

Post by JoeG »

Sorry for the lack of updates... the issues is gone... turned out to be a defective XP 2600+ proc believe it or not. I wasn't overclocking, so it didn't make any sense, and after finally swapping for another 2600+, it fixed the problem. Too bad I tried memory, power supply, and several motherboards along the way...

Thanks,
Joe