nforce udp winxp 4.24 released

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

nforce udp winxp 4.24 released

Post by Apoptosis »

Just say this over at the Nvidia site! Looks like they work on all nforce chipsets!
Version: 4.24
Release Date: May 10, 2004

File Size: 20.2 MB
WHQL Certified
Release Notes

WHQL certified kit
Unified drivers with support for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3 products. This package does not include support for dual-processor systems.
General compatibility fixes
Audio Driver Improvements
Introduced NVMixer – replaces SoundStorm Control Panel for all audio configuration tasks. Note that NVMixer operates best when run at 1024x768 16-bit color
Introduced improved AC ’97 / Soft Audio driver – adds EQ, speaker cloning, and speaker wizard support
Introduced Speaker Wizard – incorporates all NVSwap features, ensures correct speaker setup on analog or digital speaker systems
Introduced Cinesurround – virtual 5.1 mixdown to headphones or 2 speakers
Introduced new Environments – simple, preset driven sound environments
Enhanced ASIO support and added support for AC ’97 / Soft Audio systems
Added user adjustable “rear channel creation” support – adds off, clone, reverb and delay
Added support for Realtek ALC655 codecs, Realtek ALC658 codecs, and 7.1 support for Realtek ALC850 codecs
Added support for WMV-HD audio streams and WaveFormatExtensible calls
Improved playback of mono content
Addressed audio issues in numerous games and applications

Storage Driver Improvements:
Support for Serial ATA controllers
Full NVIDIA RAID functionality on supported platforms
Improved compatibility with 3rd-party drive management, CD ripping and recording software.
Automatic DMA-mode fall-back when data errors are present due to poor cabling
Improved handling of various storage devices
Head on over and snag them!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Testing now. I realy wish that they could get these things under 20mb, i just want it to install the drivers it needs and then deleate the rest.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah that is true, but nvidia is proud that they have one driver for all their boards. It does make it easy to figure out which one you need!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Ok a quick folow up on my driver update:

The Good:
i got it working...

The Bad:
Installation requires DirectX9
DirectX9 will not install while cryptographic services are stoped
3dmark2001SE will not run on DX9 requiring you to upgrade and making it impossible to compaire new benchmarks to old benchmarkes.
Some people report slower memory scores when compaired to 3.3

Conclusion:
I had a hell of a time figuring out why i could not install DX9 all it would tell me is that the program had not passed windows logo cert. I found a post that suggested it might be related to the cryptographic services so i trurned mine back on and was able to install. Thats the largest problem that and you have to uninstall the previous drivers so if you do not have DX9 handy on cd or you computer you NEED to download it before uninstalling the previous drivers and trying to install the new drivers.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

They install just fine on my system with no problems at all. All benches work and the speeds seem to be about the same as before. All in all a very easy update......... 8)
Fantasma
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Fantasma »

I don´t notice anything different between new drivers releases, I always update them but I have never had any problems :roll:
bigapl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by bigapl »

Really no major updates except for audio files etc.
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Merlin »

I was going to install these but windows said it came from an unknown publisher. Should I disregard the warning or does it mean something is not right on my system for these drivers? I have DX9c installed and running DXdiag shows no problems. I do remember that in the past the windows site has told me that there are new NVidia drivers available for my system but when I installed them from Microsofts site my sound quit working so I re-installed what came with my MOBO and all is well. Do I need this update or should I just leave well enough alone if everything is working fine as it is?
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

You don’t NEED to update but its a good idea as they always improve stability ( at least hypothetically) and improve security. Some times they will also implement features that were not available in previous releases. Bottom line I would recommend it but it is by no means necessary.