K7 Ends here for me!!

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Black Mesa Scientist
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

K7 Ends here for me!!

Post by Black Mesa Scientist »

As you all might have seen my topic from a few weeks ago about the failed a7n8x deluxeflash here's the resume of the story.

After I really really got frustated of the board I got my shotgun and shot a few rounds in my computer and went to bed. Well not exactly, but that was how I felt. The next day I was trying another run with my autoexec.bat adventures but it didn't work. I read about fooling awdflash and letting it boot into dos which seemed ultimate. So I did that with some weird program. When I was about to jump into the air of happiness when I saw that flashing was about to get possible, my heart turned into fried silicon. It was compatible with everything BUT NOT NFORCE 2!!!. I went like....crazy and went for a cup of tea.

My last effort of saving my old but beautiful barton 3200 was by buying a new mobo. I was like when I'm gonna buy some new mobo, it's gonna be the best. And since I was a overclocker I went for the nf7-s which seemed a pretty good choice to me.

After a week waiting for my mobo it finally got here! Youh Hah Hippiehow

I ripped out my old mobo and placed the nf7-s in. It was red, it looked good.

At my first startup it said that it was running in safe mode 1100mhz or so and that the cpu was unworkable or was changed. So I ripped out my cpu and cleaned it a lil bit. Just the top ofcourse, not the pins!!! So I placed it back in and it ran at normal 2200 mhz speeds with no probs. Then I wanted to bring it to my old standard overclocked position which was 23** mhz with an fsb of 215 which was my top end of my old mobo a7n8x deluxe. But now I had the nf7-s with a stop at 225 mhz which was 10 higher which equals an internal speed of 110 mhz higher! But first my old speed had to be restored 215 fsb that was. I started with 205fsb but windows couldnt start it got the 0x0000008e bsod. Then I pulled up the voltage a lil with 0.025 volts. Then it went stable at 210fsb. When I tried to put it even higher (it wasn't even that high though) it couldn't boot. Don't ask why. I had it for that day and I went to sleep.
the next day when booting up (when pc not used power is disconnected )
it didn't show anything but a black screen. So I thought my cpu was being dmb again and I pulled it out clearing some of the thermal paste that got over the forbidden edge and put it in again. (I also cleared my 6600gt and my ram).

Now it comes. When I booted up powering up de pc.

I did like "click" on the power button and then suddenly I heared a sparkling electricity noise in my pc and shortly after that the sound of a photocamera making it's photo "BLITZ". I quickly turned of power and smelled liek some thing was burning. I quickly ripped out my vid card which is precious to me at all times. I ripped off my zalman and smelled at the core to see if that was the cause. No it wasn't then I ripped of my watercoolign and took the barton out. My whole case was like a gaschamber but no smoke. I smelled the proc and yes it was DEAD. He was killed in action on a normal sunny day. So was the board. It smelled like hell . Also he was dead.

Now I decided to end my k7 age which only lasted 5 months. Now I will go for a cheap athlon 64 like something like a 3200 or 3500 on a sli 939 board. Coz my 6600gt is agp it will be a gift to my father and the K.I.A's will be given a christian burial ceremony. The days before my new parts arrive I shall mourn for my friend!!

So here ends my k7
Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2300MHZ =3650+ Stock Voltage
eVGA GF6800GS 485/1200.
2x512 Corsair XMS 3200LLPT
AsRock 939-Dualsata2
Sweex 400WATT 18amps
Dual layer DVD-RW
2x80GB seagate Barracuda!!!!

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Good Read! :)

Sorry about the processor. You'll like the Athlon 64 and SLI.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Thanks for sharing.....

CPU's make nice keychains, so all is not lost LOL
Black Mesa Scientist
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Black Mesa Scientist »

Ofcourse I wil survive! Athlon 64 is the future! And after that: Athlon 128!
Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2300MHZ =3650+ Stock Voltage
eVGA GF6800GS 485/1200.
2x512 Corsair XMS 3200LLPT
AsRock 939-Dualsata2
Sweex 400WATT 18amps
Dual layer DVD-RW
2x80GB seagate Barracuda!!!!

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Black Mesa Scientist wrote:Ofcourse I wil survive! Athlon 64 is the future! And after that: Athlon 128!
:lol: