Asus A8n-SLi????

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Asus A8n-SLi????

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Just a quick question, how well does the Asus A8n-SLi OC, I've never used this board or SLi for that matter, but I've just won this board and last week I won a OCZ 700 watt PSU, so I was thinking of putting together a SLi rig with 7900GT (won that too). Or should I just keep my old DFI LP NF4 Ultra D and screw SLI.
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

where are u winning this stuff?

anways, one of my friends has one he has OCed his Opty 165(1.8 ghz) to 2.5 Ghz but his RAM is hosting him back supposedly.
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Not sure Bio but the HTT on my A8N-E can hit 280MHz. I can get my 3000+ to 2.4GHz with easy. I really haven't pushed it too far as the A8N boards have a 1T as I mentioned in other forums. If you want SLi you have no choice but to use the A8N-SLi board. Stop bragging too; don't make me mention everything I have won :lol: hehe jk

Also you can thank me for that sweet PSU as I am sure I was the only person who spread the word of the contest where you won that PSU; at least I got something out it too :mrgreen:
Last edited by werty316 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Thank you Werty...........;) You've always been a good friend online and always fair................ :mrgreen:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D?????
Infinite has some SLI bridges to sell that can be used after the mod!

Just a thought!
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

If you don't mind the 1T bug, unless your A8N-SLi has it, then why not just use it?
Bio-Hazard wrote:Thank you Werty...........;) You've always been a good friend online and always fair................ :mrgreen:
I am to please
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

kenc51 wrote:mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D?????
Infinite has some SLI bridges to sell that can be used after the mod!

Just a thought!
I'm planning on keeping both rigs, I think anyway. I was mainly thinking of building a Lan box, still plenty of time to figure things out I guess. The AMD price drop is still a few weeks away and it's going to take a bit before tha MoBo gets here.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Well you definately cant say that entering competitions doesnt pay off, thats a lots of won stuff, are you bribing the judges by any chance :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Sometimes I've gone like a year without winning something and other times it goes in streaks.............;) I've just been extremely lucky this year I guess. Being retired and spending a lot of time online and posting in a ton of forums also helps alot................. :shock:
But there's also a lot of forums where I've never won a thing at and been a member of for years and years, but I still keep hanging around............. :mrgreen: