A8N-SLI SE

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

A8N-SLI SE

Post by hainer36 »

got a problem that ive never seen before. friend psu blew the other day (i turned computer on, went on the net and smelt the familiar smell). turns out it took the motherboard with it (was a A8N5X). tested everyhting and it all worked except the mobo.

so we go out and grab a enermax 535W psu ( http://search.ncix.com/displayproductde ... re=ENERMAX ) and a new mobo (A8N-SLI SE) and go to put everything together and it wont start. the chipset fan spins for about 1 milisecond and then off.

then i took the vid card out (Asus 6800GT) and it boots, though, i cant see anything as there is no vid card. so im confused

anyone have any ideas?
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

anyone got any ideas?
funkflex
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast
Location: Country: Bulgaria , City: Lukovit , Postal Code: 5770 , Street: Makedonska 8

Post by funkflex »

My old PSU had the same problem. The fans turn for just a few seconds and it stop again. I think that is the PSU althought it is new. :roll:
Athlon64 2800+ Clawhammer, 2x256 Kingston DDR400 , 1x512 PQI DDR400 , LG Flatron F700B , Epox 8KDA3 , GeForce FX5200 Manli 64bit :(
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

did you test the gfx on other system? it's possible that the gfx also got fried.