Lanparty nF4 SLI Question

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Mekhet
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Lanparty nF4 SLI Question

Post by Mekhet »

Hey folks,

Ok basically I am wondering if there is a way to getmy pc to boot up using the PCIE 3 slot instead of the PCIE 1 for grahics?

The story is that fan for the northbridge chipset is really quite up sh*t creek and sounds more like a helicopter about to explode than a fan. I recently purchased myself quite a nice Zalman passive heatsink to replace it the only problem now is that with my ATI Radeon X800 GTO gfx card being so bloody long the Zalman heatsink is in the way and I can not get the board to boot graphically from the PCIE-3 slot without butchering the heatsink......(",)

Any help with this would be great, I have checked in the BIOS and tried a few things but nothing worked...alas.

Thanks a million in advance,

Mekhet
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

There are only 2 full size PCI-E slots, the one closest to the CPU is PCI-E1 and is 16x. The lowest one is PCI-E4 and is only 2x. However, if you enable the SLI jumper they both become 8x. It shouldn't bottleneck your card at all unless maybe you have an 8800GTX...even then it's prolly enough.
Joe
Mekhet
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Mekhet »

I have tried this, I have changed the SLI jumpers and moved my card down to the PCI-E4 slot yet still I can't get a signal to my monitor.

Are there any setting I need change in the BIOS or anything?

Mekhet

PS. BTW thanks for the response :lol:
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by odie2190 »

go into bio

then into genie bios

then allllll tha way down enabl sli(atleast thats how it is on mine)