Intel D975XBX2 video problem

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
kind2311
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Intel D975XBX2 video problem

Post by kind2311 »

Hello! n00b here,

I saw this same question already in this forum but it never really got resolved so I'm asking again. I just put my new rig together, Intel D975XBX2 mobo, Pentium 4 Extreme 3.4ghz/800mhz, 4gb corsair xms2 ddr2 800 memory with an Ultimarc ArcadeVGA video card(based on the ATi Radeon X550). The Problem is, after starting it up for the first time, I can't get any signal to the monitor, I've tried all the basic stuff, a different monitor, switching the video card to different pci-e slots, making sure the card is seated properly, everything is plugged in where it should be, nothing is loose or backwards, and the board powers on just fine, no beeps with memory installed, several beeps without memory so I know thats not the problem. The only thing I haven't done is tried the video card on another computer and I have not tried a different card in mine and I'm not gonna go buy another card just to be sure this one works, you know? please help cuz I need my new rig!
Last edited by kind2311 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Intel D975XBX2 video problem

Post by vbironchef »

Have you heard of drivers?
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

kind2311 wrote:Hello! n00b here,

I saw this same question already in this forum but it never really got resolved so I'm asking again. I just put my new rig together, Intel D975XBX2 mobo, Pentium 4 Extreme 3.4ghz/800mhz, 4gb corsair xms2 ddr2 800 memory with an Ultimarc ArcadeVGA video card(based on the ATi Radeon X550). The Problem is, after starting it up for the first time, I can't get any signal to the monitor, I've tried all the basic stuff, a different monitor, switching the video card to different pci-e slots, making sure the card is seated properly, everything is plugged in where it should be, noting is loose or backwards, and the board powers on just fine, no beeps with memory installed, several beeps without memory so I know thats not the problem. The only thing I haven't done is tried the video card on another computer and I have not tried a different card in mine and I'm not gonna go buy another card just to be sure this one works, you know? please help cuz I need my new rig!
Do you have two sticks of memory or 4? You may need to try and boot up with just one stick and see if that will help. If that does work you may have to set the voltage, speed, and timings (could also turn on auto settings) then try to boot up with both/all 4.

If it doesn't work then I would try the card in another computer.
kind2311
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by kind2311 »

vbironchef wrote:Have you heard of drivers?
does the intel drivers cd need to be in the cd drive when the computer is booted for the first time?
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

kind2311 wrote:
vbironchef wrote:Have you heard of drivers?
does the intel drivers cd need to be in the cd drive when the computer is booted for the first time?

Nope, I think he just didn't understand where you were having the problem.
kind2311
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by kind2311 »

Bwall wrote:

I saw this same question already in this forum but it never really got resolved so I'm asking again. I just put my new rig together, Intel D975XBX2 mobo, Pentium 4 Extreme 3.4ghz/800mhz, 4gb corsair xms2 ddr2 800 memory with an Ultimarc ArcadeVGA video card(based on the ATi Radeon X550). The Problem is, after starting it up for the first time, I can't get any signal to the monitor, I've tried all the basic stuff, a different monitor, switching the video card to different pci-e slots, making sure the card is seated properly, everything is plugged in where it should be, noting is loose or backwards, and the board powers on just fine, no beeps with memory installed, several beeps without memory so I know thats not the problem. The only thing I haven't done is tried the video card on another computer and I have not tried a different card in mine and I'm not gonna go buy another card just to be sure this one works, you know? please help cuz I need my new rig!
Do you have two sticks of memory or 4? You may need to try and boot up with just one stick and see if that will help. If that does work you may have to set the voltage, speed, and timings (could also turn on auto settings) then try to boot up with both/all 4.

If it doesn't work then I would try the card in another computer.
It's 2 sticks @ 2gb each. I've tried booting with just one stick in DIMM socket 0 and I still have the same problem, I also have 2 more sticks of the same memory @ 1gb a piece and I've tried those too. How do you adjust the voltage speed and timing?
DaddyRabbit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaddyRabbit »

The only thing I haven't done is tried the video card on another computer and I have not tried a different card in mine and I'm not gonna go buy another card just to be sure this one works, you know? please help cuz I need my new rig!
You could easily rule the video card in/out by doing these steps. If you don't have access to another PC to test the card in or another video card to test in your system then I would try to return the card for an exchange, It seems like you ruled out everything else.
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Core i7 2600k
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
8gig (2x4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
Powercolor HD5870 PCS+
OCZ Agility 2 240G SSD (boot, programs, games)
WD Caviar Black 1TB (Data)
CM UCP RS700-AAAAA3 700W 80+ Silver PSU
CM Storm Sniper
Gateway FHD2400
Win 7 Pro 64bit
DaddyRabbit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaddyRabbit »

Also are you using a PC monitor and do you have it plugged into the DVI port using either direct DVI or the DVI - VGA adapter?

I am referring to this doc at the vendors web site : http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainst.html
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Core i7 2600k
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
8gig (2x4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
Powercolor HD5870 PCS+
OCZ Agility 2 240G SSD (boot, programs, games)
WD Caviar Black 1TB (Data)
CM UCP RS700-AAAAA3 700W 80+ Silver PSU
CM Storm Sniper
Gateway FHD2400
Win 7 Pro 64bit
kind2311
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by kind2311 »

Yes I have tried both a VGA monitor with a DVI adaptor and an LCD monitor with a DVI cable. I think the next step is a replacement video card.
Xeon99
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Xeon99 »

Hey there.

Your problem is prolly that you CPU runs 1333FSB and the mobo only supports 1066FSB as standard.. thats the problem i'm dealing with personally atm..

If thats the case (check up on intels homepage yourself) you either have to flash the BIOS, wich u need another cpu to do so you can actually get in the BIOS, or you simply need a new motherboard..

I hope this hels.

Xeon99
ij70
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ij70 »

Xeon99 wrote:Hey there.

Your problem is prolly that you CPU runs 1333FSB

Xeon99
You are mistaken.
Life is short and dinnertime is chancy