D975XBX2 Marvell RAID losing settings

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
EverPhoto
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

D975XBX2 Marvell RAID losing settings

Post by EverPhoto »

It seems no matter what I do, the Marvell RAID config always loses it's configuration settings, so I am constantly losing my array config. The Intel RAID works like a charm. I have never had any problems with that. There are 4 identical Seagate 1TB drives hooked up to the Marvell SATA ports. I am trying to set them up as two RAID1 volumes. There doesn't seem to be any problem using the Marvell BIOS configuration utility to select the drives and setup the RAID1 pairs, but after a reboot many times the config just goes south and is back to the default with no arrays defined.

I'm pretty much down to the point where I am just setting up the 4 drives as separate voumes and using a script to make a nightly add/update/remove from one drive to another so I at least have a data backup.

I have updated the MB BIOS to the current v2831 and the Marvell SW to the current 2.1.0.10 and the problem continues.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: D975XBX2 Marvell RAID losing settings

Post by vbironchef »

Try a windows update. I did one yesterday and it had a marvell update.
crabber
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: D975XBX2 Marvell RAID losing settings

Post by crabber »

I am having the exact same issue word for word on two different machines, anyone have a solution?