COMPUTER UPGRADE

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
poor
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

COMPUTER UPGRADE

Post by poor »

Hi folks,
Im planing to upgrade my computer..How do u feel about intelDG33FB mother board....How abt d performance..
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: COMPUTER UPGRADE

Post by stopthekilling77 »

what are the components of the current computer?
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
poor
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by poor »

Its an old one P3 747Mhz.So im planing to change d motherboard and d processor..Which one should i go for Intel ,ASUS or AMD..Wat abt INTEL DG33FB which one dealer sorted out for me...I need a processor speed of 2 to 3Ghz.Motherboard should have decent onboard graphic memory..Pls help.................
bmaverick
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bmaverick »

Intel makes good solid boards. The chipset is the thing to focus on with Intel. Make sure you have one that does what you really want the computer to do.
My heatware!

Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

poor wrote:Its an old one P3 747Mhz.So im planing to change d motherboard and d processor..Which one should i go for Intel ,ASUS or AMD..Wat abt INTEL DG33FB which one dealer sorted out for me...I need a processor speed of 2 to 3Ghz.Motherboard should have decent onboard graphic memory..Pls help.................
If you need decent integrated graphics, you should look into the AMD 780G chipset!
ygmt13
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ygmt13 »

if you are looking for a computer that will last a couple of years as a performance computer, i would go for a higher end board. Check out EVGA boards at newegg, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... rder=PRICE
They are great performing and wont let you down. as for a processor, you are not going to want anything less that a dual core processor. the old pentium 4's and D's are simply not going to get you enough bang for your buck. You could go for the older 2.13Ghz Core2Duo from intel, a very nice performing processor for a lower price.
And as for graphix, you are stuck with a decision here. trust me, graphics may not sound like a big deal when people go "oh, i wont be doing X", or "i wont be doing Y, why do i need a graphics card?" but in my experience 9/10 of those people come away disappointed when their CPU starts to lag out of the box. So why not go for a nicer graphics card, i'd reccomend a G-Force card above the 8800GT models. some are very low priced and offer lots of power.

Good luck
--ygmt13
phsieh2005
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by phsieh2005 »

Hi,

It depends on how you would like to use the computer for. And, then, It depends on how much you budget for the upgrade.

For web surfing/word processing. P4 probably will be fine.

phsieh2005
JohntechUPi
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by JohntechUPi »

Personally I would shy away from any EVGA NVidia Chipset MB, they are or haven been prone to burning modules (for memory that needs more than 1.9 Volts) from what I have seen ASUS is a much beter Choice for non Intel chipset MB's they have a much larger and better developed R&D team of engineers, in fact ASUS is the number on manufacturer for a reason and always a good choice. Just what ever MB you decide on search for it using google and see what other have to say about it.
I would agree a with getting a good Core 2 Duo CPU or one of the new quad cores are faily reasoable as well.
Do you have a budget for this build and or any requirements in mind that would help to make suggestions!
One-liner about business
Producing a system from a specification is like walking on water; it's easier if it's frozen.