Asus

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
sbjlsmtj
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Asus

Post by sbjlsmtj »

I'm just finalizing the system that I'm going to put together and I have a quick question...

What's the difference in ASUS P6T and the Deluxe version? I'm read through the specs and I can't figure it out. I'm sure I'm missing it but after a couple times, I still can't find it. The only thing I can find at all is that the Deluxe has Dual PCI LAN controllers...is this difference worth getting the deluxe for another 100 bucks?

Also have a couple questions about what the boards come with. I'm not a huge sound guy (kids are in bed normally when I game, so that takes most of it out lol), so is the onboard sound as good or close to SB Audigy? That's the only sound card I would think about since it's 30 bucks and for what I use the sound for, it wouldn't be worth getting a super sound card. I do have 7.1 speakers, if that helps decide.

Lastly, the boards come with onboard LAN of course. The question is...is the onboard LAN as good as an after market "upgrade" LAN card? Would getting the deluxe board be worth the better LAN and not get an upgrade? I would hate to bottle neck my gaming performance by using the onboard LAN instead of getting an after market card. Intel has an "upgrade" for 35 bucks but there Killer K1 card that is 150 bucks...not sure if this does enough to be worth it or just use the onboard LAN like I always do.

Thanks for any answers or idea.
NZXT Tempest Case with Ultra X3 1000w PS...............Velociraptor 300gb HD
Intel Core i7 920......................................................12 gb Corsair DDR-3 1333 Dominator Ram
Asus P6T Deluxe MB..................................................Asetek CPU Liquid Cooling
EVGA GTX295 Video..................................................Vista Home Prem 64
40" Toshiba Monitor
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Asus

Post by Apoptosis »

Here is my review on the KILLER NIC - http://www.legitreviews.com/article/478/1/

Honest thoughts... Don't waste a penny of your money and if you want lower pings pay your ISP more for a faster connection.

As for the ASUS P6T and the ASUS P6T Deluxe...

The ASUS P6T does not have SAS support and an 8+2 phase power design.
The ASUS P6T Deluxe has SAS and a 16+2 phase power design... It also has more advanced BIOS settings for overclocking.

Other differences are that the P6T motherboard uses the Realtek ALC1200 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC whereas the P6T Deluxe uses the ADI AD2000B 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC. The P6T comes with "RealteK HD Audio Manager (Vista / XP) / " whereas the P6T Deluxe comes with "SoundMAX HD Audio Utility" since the audio chips are made by different companies.

They layout of the board is also different, so there are some differences as you can see.... The Deluxe has better power management, more bios settings, SAS support and a 'better' audio chip... If that is worth the extra money to you then go for it!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Nothing major but the Deluxe has a connector for the case fan in a convenient spot and P6T does not. the sata connecters can be a bit awkward if you have a smaller case too.

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
sbjlsmtj
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by sbjlsmtj »

Ok, got it...I'm going to go with the Deluxe and I'm going with both the onboard sound and onboard LAN. Thanks so much for your help.

As for connection speed...I got to thinking, I have a Toshiba Cable modem PCX1100U, that I got way back when cable was just put thru here...should I think about changing that or is it still as good as the new ones? My connection speed is pretty good, no complaints really. I have an office less than a mile away and a main distribution point that is 30 ft away and they had to run new cable to the house, so overall, the speed is pretty good...at least with this cable modem but could it be better just by switching modems?

BTW I have a lynksys wrt54gs router also but I use the main puter hard lined to it...not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any ideas....I honestly don't know what I'd do without you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NZXT Tempest Case with Ultra X3 1000w PS...............Velociraptor 300gb HD
Intel Core i7 920......................................................12 gb Corsair DDR-3 1333 Dominator Ram
Asus P6T Deluxe MB..................................................Asetek CPU Liquid Cooling
EVGA GTX295 Video..................................................Vista Home Prem 64
40" Toshiba Monitor
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I sent your email back to ya but short answer here is..if your internet speed is fine then no you don't have to upgrade the modem/router..only if your service provider suggests/demands it(mine did the other day since they are upgrading their lines apparently) or if it died lol
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I like the standard P6T just as well if not better that the deluxe (cheaper) and all the extras I really could careless about. As for the power management, it dosen't work with a OC'd system anyways, so why bother. As for the Bios, as far as I can see they are pretty much the same and I can OC as high as a deluxe if not a bit higher.............;)