HELP! ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 Bios does not detect sata devices

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Viajero
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

HELP! ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 Bios does not detect sata devices

Post by Viajero »

So, I´m a bit of a noob here but I ve tried as much as I could before posting here, including reading many of the posts around. So bear with me and help if you can please.

New PC to be built with the Asus P6T Deluxe v2, booting it up bios runs fine but does not detect any SATA devices in my system:

Optical: Plextor PX-B940SA, Sata
SSD: 2.5" 120GB SATA II vertex turbo series, ocz technologies
HDD: Western Digital, 2TB, sata, 64 mb cache,
RAM: Kingston, in the compatibility list and fully detected

I then tried a Plextor PX-130A which has an IDE conexion and it was detected but that was the end of it. I tried to run the Windows 7 disc with it but since no HDD or SDD are detected I can not install anything.

In adition (and possibly related) no usb flash drives for flashing the bios were detected (although thankfully the keyboard was), so I burned the latest bios version in a CD and flashed the bios from the old plextor 130A which is about the only thing I have managed to detect...

I have tried playing with most of the bios options including the SATA and USB ones to no avail... I have already tried with just the HDD alone by changing the sata cable port by port each time, to check faulty ports but no joy. So here I am completely puzzled as I can not do anything with this.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong or what solutions could there be for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

PS: this is my first experience building my own PC and I am really bummed by this. Prior to this P6T mobo I tried a Rampage III and it was faulty (took us 3 days of troubleshooting) so I am getting really depressed... help!