Bootmngr missing!

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
srt
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Bootmngr missing!

Post by srt »

Hi all,
I just tried installing a new asus rampage iii formula board and screwed up :oops:
I had an existing install on my hd of win 7 ultimate upgrade.
The drive came up as not found by the asus board but I was able to load a new install of win 7 onto the drive just the same. I had backed up all the earlier stuff to my usb hd via "acronis home 10".
I put a few drivers onto the "new" install then decided to transfer stuff from the saved acronis file.
I left it run with the tag to switch of pc when done.
Next day I try to fire up and nothing :shock:
I think I screwed up here as it may be the old system stuff tried to write to a new system?
Whatever---I decided to format the drive via win 7 install command prompt.
Now I get the "no bootmngr" thing and worse ----- I cant install win 7 as it does not see a drive :(
It asks to load drivers but I dont seem to have them???
So what do I do?
Incidentally----- i ordered a new 600gb raptor drive so am I gonna have same problem and is it safe to format that with win7 command prompt?
Sorry for the length of this and more than one question but I am soooooo choked :vom:
Admin--- If this is in the wrong forum thread please move :roll:
Thanks.
Stuart.

Asus Rampage formula III. WD Raptor 600gb sata hdd+WD Raptor 300gb sata hdd+plextor sata cd/dvd writer, 6gb crucial ballistix ddr3, intel i7 950@ 3.07ghz ,Geeforce GTX 285 vid card, creative x-fi, Antec true blue 750+Antec P180.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Bootmngr missing!

Post by kenc51 »

Are you booting from the win 7 install CD or trying to run setup from within windows?
You should be booting from the install CD.
If you are, can you press "F2" on startup and enter the BIOS?
Can you see your hard drive listed?
srt
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Bootmngr missing!

Post by srt »

Thanks for the reply.
Problem now solved :?
It seems that the bios placed my external usb hdd in number 1 position instead of my raptor drive :roll:
Hence the wrong info and inability to install!
Up and running ok on new 600gb raptor with plan to install 300gb as second store.
Stuart.

Asus Rampage formula III. WD Raptor 600gb sata hdd+WD Raptor 300gb sata hdd+plextor sata cd/dvd writer, 6gb crucial ballistix ddr3, intel i7 950@ 3.07ghz ,Geeforce GTX 285 vid card, creative x-fi, Antec true blue 750+Antec P180.