MSI Notice - B3 Stepping Chipsets Ready

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

MSI Notice - B3 Stepping Chipsets Ready

Post by Apoptosis »

Just got this e-mail from MSI:
MSI is currently in the process of replacing the chipset on all current boards. North American users are still advised to register their boards at http://us.msi.com/snb_replacement. We have added an advanced replacement option (cross-shipping) to limit downtime.

Consumers will be able to identify the latest MSI P67/H67 mainboards equipped with the Intel B3 Stepping chipset with the sticker ‘MSI B3 Stepping Ready’. This provides a more confident way to purchase your next-generation P67/H67 mainboard and a clear way to differentiate the two versions.
msi-b3-stepping.jpg
msi-b3-stepping.jpg (64.49 KiB) Viewed 2509 times
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: MSI Notice - B3 Stepping Chipsets Ready

Post by vbironchef »

Correct me if I am wrong. So far as I can see nobody is selling the 1155 motherboards yet. I read that they won't be ready to sell til the beginning of April. So my point is why bother with a 2600K processor if in the middle of the year Intel is coming out with a better 1155 cpu? Then later in the year a new socket to replace the 1366 socket. Seems to me like they should just scrap the 2600k and just release the new cpu sooner than later. What do you think? Not to mention the new motherboards should include lightpeak.