Intel Z68 motherboard?

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Intel Z68 motherboard?

Post by vbironchef »

I was on a different site and they said that it would be out in a few months. Anybody have a clue what this intel motherboard is and will be different from what we have now?
FZ1

Re: Intel Z68 motherboard?

Post by FZ1 »

Likely any information on that is under embargo. I haven't heard anything personally.
Joe
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Embargo, I don't get it. Does that mean you can't talk about it? Did not want to post the site but I will to give everyone more info. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z68 ... ,2888.html
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Yeah some Z68 chipset stuff is being talked about here and there... Basically a rumored enthusiast chipset that has SSD caching, better overclocking abilities and some integrated graphics 'features' added for socket 1155.

I'm more interested in the Socket R stuff

Socket R or LGA 2011 is coming up....

Think Sandy Bridge-EX with quad-channel memory and 40x PCIe 3.0 lanes... nom nom nom

You can link to Toms here... I go back a decade with Chris Angelini (the guy who wrote that article), so no worries about pissing anyone off.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I'm waiting for the LGA 2011 chipset. I won't buy unless it is a 10-12 core chip. Just seems like a waste to deal with all the returns. They should have just moved up production of the Z68 motherboard and called it the day. By the time Newegg gets all the motherboards back in stock the Z68 motherboard is going to replace it. I don't get it.
Fogey
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Fogey »

vbironchef wrote:... They should have just moved up production of the Z68 motherboard and called it the day. By the time Newegg gets all the motherboards back in stock the Z68 motherboard is going to replace it. I don't get it.
Consumer wishes [cost] would be my guess. A number of folks won't want the features [cost] of the Z68 when the H67/P67 may suffice.

I was holding out for a z68 MB but the new, newest, latest and greatest, coming soon to a computer supplier near you 2011LGA CPU, quad channel memory, etc., etc., has my interest now.