Disable Fan Control on DP67GB MOBO

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Corky356
Legit User
Legit User

Disable Fan Control on DP67GB MOBO

Post by Corky356 »

I want to use a fan controller for my inlet/output fans, but get the notification that the fans aren't running during boot. Just a minor inconvenience really, but I'd like to get rid of it. If anyone knows how to disable BIOS (v2040) monitoring of these fans I'd appreciate a "How To". Thanks.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Disable Fan Control on DP67GB MOBO

Post by vbironchef »

Is that a Intel motherboard or a different company? Have you looked at your manual? Can you change it in you bios? Should be under power settings, fan control.
Corky356
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Corky356 »

Yeah, it's an Intel Sandy Bridge board (socket 1155). The manual really says nothing, and I can't find any way in the BIOS to disable it, only settings. This board does OK with the CPU fan but lets the case fans just idle along, which is why I'm using the controller. I have the notification turned off in Intel's desktop utility but still get the BIOS notice on boot. I put this same question on Intel's motherboard forum yesterday and way over 100 people have hit on it, but no replies. I'm thinking there is no way to do it but thought I'd try here.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

It just might be a bug in the bios. Have you flashed your bios to the latest version. Sounds like it will be fixed in the future if flashing your bios doesn't work.
Corky356
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Corky356 »

This is the most stable of all the BIOS versions for this board. Intel seems to have serious BIOS problems with a lot of their boards. This board itself has problems: Many sound cards won't work; PCI slots aren't true PCI- they run through the PCIe; many people reporting that USB 3.0 doesn't work. From what I've read all these problems are known to Intel but their support people have no idea what to advise and engineers are unavailable. This board was actually my 2d choice. My first choice was a pretty similar Asus board until I read about the big number of them catching on fire. This Intel board had great reviews on Newegg and that was all the checking I did.

None of the problems I mentioned affect me so I'm going to keep it for a while at least- lots of warranty time left. All of my previous builds have been with Asus boards and I never had a problem with any of them. This is my first and probably last Intel, and If this thing develops a problem that does affect me I'll talk with Newegg about letting me upgrade to a different board when I RMA. Either way, I'll RMA before the warranty is up. Sorry for the rant, I just think the board doesn't come close to living up to the ~$170 price tag.
Corky356
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Corky356 »

Since my last post, I no longer get the warning message, it boots right into windows. It seems as though the BIOS has a mind of its own, so I'll see if the warning comes back. If it does, I will post back and update the thread. I just hope this BIOS doesn't have any more tricks it may decide to play, lol.