please recommend a 1 gb graphic card within50-60$ for dp43bf

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
rajguw
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

please recommend a 1 gb graphic card within50-60$ for dp43bf

Post by rajguw »

Hi to all,

I don't understand computer much but still i am trying my head on to understand my new mother board DP43BF fail to figure out by googling which graphic card will be good with 1 gb mem. please recommend. me i really need this help.

thanks
raj
KnightRid

Re: please recommend a 1 gb graphic card within50-60$ for dp

Post by KnightRid »

If you tell us what you want to do with your computer, we may be able to help....Do you want to play games like Crysis, Batman, etc or just small online games? Do you want to edit graphics, edit HD video, do CAD work, 3D modeling.....there is a lot that will go into which card would work best for you. Prices will range from a few dollars into the hundreds also, so a price you want to pay would help a lot.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
rajguw
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by rajguw »

Hi KnightRid

Thanks for your kind reply. as asked by you i am going to work on 3dmax and autocad.basically autocad files to 3d modelling.

raj
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Again, there is a lot more information needed but for any CAD work that you want done quickly (and uses DirectX and not OpenGL since OpenGL you should get Quadro) get the best video card you can afford.

1gb of memory - that would be sufficient by I imagine with the newer CAD programs they can take advantage of even more memory than that.

GTX680 - top of the line

Step down from there depending on what you want to spend. You can get a cheap crappy card that will work slower and use more CPU power but if this is for actual work or school, spend the money and get something nice.

REMEMBER - if you are still using an old version of CAD software that uses OpenGL rather than DirectX then you would be better off with a Quadro card.

I am no expert but i hope this helps a little.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
rajguw
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by rajguw »

Hi KnightRid

Thankx for your kind help, as i don't know much about Computing technology can i ask you one question what is the diff between OpenGL and DirectX how it going to effect my computing as i am getting NVIDIA Quadro 600. will it be of any help as i will be working on autocad 10-11 and latest 3dmax and adobe pro suite 5.

Sorry for bothering.

regards
raj
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

You should be fine with that for modest CAD work. Larger files and bigger area renderings will take a lot longer than a newer card though. Gaming will be low res junk with that card also, unless you are playing older games.

As for the difference, mainly they are both API's with OpenGl being free and DirectX being pushed by MS. I think DirectX is more powerful now a days but some people may disagree.

Have fun
rajguw
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by rajguw »

HI KnightRid,

Thankx a ton, all your answer were highly appreciated, i never thought my simple questions will be answered, thankx again as i am getting this NVIDIA Quadro 600 so i will start with that. and once i save little more money i will go for a little higher one...

thankx & regards

Raj