D975XBX2KR question

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Feenhere
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

D975XBX2KR question

Post by Feenhere »

Hello All,

a couple of weeks ago i decided to build my first computer, after doing some searching i decided on the intel bad axe 2 board, but after finding this forum, and reading all the problems that this mobo is having, im having second thoughts about using this for my first build. i mainly want to use this computer for some gaming and just the knowledge of building my own computer. I was also going to use the e6600 intel core 2 duo processor. I hadn’t decided on the video card yet but I did want to run the 64 bit version of either windows xp pro or maybe vista ultimate, or home. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ~JOHN BANNER~
rocktrout
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rocktrout »

John - I just finished building a computer based on this motherboard and the X6800 chip. I'll admit that I started getting cold feet after reading the various threads, but researched turned up that this board was no more or less prone for issues than the others. So I built the computer last night and have since installed both XP(32bit) and Vista 64 ultimate. All in all, the board, chip and installation of everything else has gone very smooth. Vista 64 has been a rock and I've been able to install and run many applications that I was told wouldn't run under Vista 64. IE Photoshop. My initial plan was to keep using XP, but after working with Vista, I think this OS might satisfy my needs quite well.