Intel Desktop Control Center issues

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
hexeis
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Intel Desktop Control Center issues

Post by hexeis »

I've tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. etc. and I always get this message with the Intel Desktop Control Center.

Why does this keep happening?

gara56
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by gara56 »

I had the same problem and found out that I also had to uninstall the Intel Desktop Utilities. Once I did that--I was able to uninstall/reinstall the IDCC. I had to play with it before I actually was able to get it working again. The mistake I made was to update my box from XBX to XBX2 and that messed things up because the XBX2 uses a different version of IDCC.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Same Problems

Post by Sparky »

I've had the same problems with Desktop Control Center. Have correct version for my D975XBX2, have tried to uninstall and reinstall. Have come to the conclusion I'm better off making adjustments in BIOS.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
Crunch
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Crunch »

If you're running CPU-z and/or Speedfan, both of these grab hold of something and don't let go. This prevents IIDC from starting. The only way to get it going is a reboot. Make sure you don't have either of these in your startup menu. Just my 2 cents worth. :)